BUG report

amir.hajdar

Hello, I've used Fabrik in my project, and I found a bug which prevents a proper display of my web page. I have to use a letter '?' in the label, and whenever I change the Label property to include this letter, the Name property changes it to 'z', and letter '?' to '_' and it is impossible to reset it back - I tried using letter without 'accent', but it doesn't work.

I suppose it has to do with table collation in mysql, but I don't know why Fabrik doesn't let me go back and set it originally.

If anyone has a an idea what to do, please let me know.

I can't replicate:
? is working fine in element and list labels.
In element NAMES (= DB column names) such characters are"sanitized" to _, but I have no problem to change such an element name.
Did you "Save and close" to confirm the renaming?
  • Update table field name from `feld` to `feld_`.​
  • Please read carefully any notifications that may appear regarding the update you are about to perform.
  • Then check that the database field's structure and or name are desired.
  • If you are happy to continue press 'Save'
  • Otherwise press 'Cancel', this will revert the element name and plug-in type to the element's setting previous to being edited

Hello, I did click Save and close.
The problem actually occurred when I installed my app on a different server which didn't have "croatian" collation enabled in mysql server, and the collation switched to "swedish". Then, I backed up application and installed it on a different server (Unfortunately, I am not sure what collation is enabled on this new server.). So, the problem happens when I change the Label to have ? letter, it automatically changes my Name column. Is this expected behavior from Fabrik? I would expect that Label has nothing to do with Name.

I can't replicate this. Changing the label just changes the label, either with regular characters ...

http://screencast.com/t/TtOgMr1mGYtC

... or using the ? character ...

http://screencast.com/t/P7KM2RhW

I don't see anything in our code where collation differences would cause the actual column name to be changed when changing the label.

Can you confirm, using something like phpMyAdmin, that the actual column name has been changed in the table?

-- hugh

Can you aslo look in your #_fabrik_elements table, find the row for one of the affected elements, and see what the "name" field is set to? And see if that matches the actual column name in the table?

It might be possible to edit our metadata tables by hand to resolve the damage done when the database got moved to a server with incompatible collation ... but if there's a lot of elements involved, and/or if any of those elements are involved in joins ... it could be difficult.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back