Calucalation and split

rbuelund

Hi

I've got a problem with the column calculation and split. I want to calculate the sum for each student - so I split on student - but it does not calculate. If I do not split it calculates fine for alle students. Also see the Warnings in top.

Regards Ronny

Attachments

• problem fabrik.jpg
    problem fabrik.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 306
Calculation without split - but grouped - not working!

Update:

If i do not set any split by, but only group by student (Elev) then the calculation is done but not correct - it is the total for all rows not per group !? - How did you manage to do that here ???: http://screencast.com/t/34iekdl0G3

Regards

UPDATE: The warnings in the top do not show if I only do a sum calc on one column - but the result is still the grand total not the group-total.

Attachments

• problem fabrik.jpg
    problem fabrik.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 283
Just to be sure, are you running a relatively recent github, like within the last week or two?

I know Rob did quite a lot of work on splitting / grouping of calculations recently, so I need to make sure you are running that newer code or not, before looking at this one.

-- hugh

OK, obviously we need to revisit that code. I'm pretty wall to wall with coding at the moment, but if you can bump this early next week, we'll see what we can do. I need to talk to Rob about the way the new code he put in works, so I understand what his changes involve, before I start messing with them, as that's some very complex code.

-- hugh

are you doing a group by student and splitting on the student, or group by on something else?

ah ok - thats really odd, I had fixed that for the sum calculations but not for the others, could have swore I had, but I must be going senile!

Changes are in github. So if you group by on the list the average,count and mean calculations should match the grouped data.

Not working

But the sum still does not work - see attached. I have grouped by student (Elev) and split by student on the column "Bonusbel?b"

Attachments

• problem fabrik002.jpg
    problem fabrik002.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 263
Actually - now the column calculation doesn't work at all! See attached picture - no grouping, no split only filter on student. I updated from github two days ago.

Attachments

• bug.jpg
    bug.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 254
that line number reported in you screen shot is not in line with either the 3.0.7 release or the github code. Could you update please and post a new screen shot.
Also can you try just with group by for now, no split.

thx
Rob

Actually the error in the top onlys comes if i Group or split! When I only use the filter on the site - then the calculation works.

hmm I can't login with the user you entered. Can you re-check please and add an ftp account whilst you are there as well

thx
Rob

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back