• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Can't have two forms on 1 page

JackGoa

On some of my sites I sometimes end up having two different forms on one page. Not sure which update caused this, but it must have been one of the latest ones.

I've noticed, on these pages, if you have two different forms on one page, they'll both default to the second one on the page.

So for instance, I have a quote form and at the bottom of the page a subscribe form. In this case, the subscribe form will also display where the quote form is supposed to display. So it displays in two places, the one at the top being replaced by the a duplicate of the second one.

Simply unpublishing one of them solves the problem, but not the ideal solution.

It never used to be like this in the past.

How do you call these forms?
Two content plugins
or a standard call via menu + a form module
or...?

I can't replicate, two form modules are shown correctly on my site.

Do you have caching enabled?

BTW: this is Fabrik3.0/J2.5 forum

I've had it happen on 2 sites now. Cachimg enabled yes. Have cleared cache, etc.

Oops, not sure how I ended up in the wrong forum. Should be j3.

Which cache level?
Progressive says "Progressive level (default): faster, bigger system cache, includes module renderers cache"
What happens without caching?

There were some changes related to caching in J!3.8.12.

Are you running a recent Fabrik GitHub?

No I have Conservative enabled.

Haven't tried with caching switched off.

I noticed. Had a helluva bad time with extensions and templates.

Using Helix3 FYI. Might have something to do with it?

No, no template issue.

I can replicate with caching = conservative (J!3.8.12, latest GitHub).
Seems this is J!3.8.12 related.
Can you confirm this Joomla version?

I notice now on one of my older sites on a menu item that links straight to a fabrik form, the page display is all messed up. When I switch off Conservative Caching, it comes right, but as soon as I switch it back on, it gets messed up again. Almost like it's not reading the CSS file properly or something.

Thanks Hugh. That seems to have fixed it on both counts. Two modules on one page are each displaying their configured forms and also the link directly to a form displays properly now.

I've cleared the cache and refreshed a few times to make sure.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back