CascadingDropdown does not work as filter in adding record!

Hi all,
I have 02 lists:
1. Wards (id, district_id, ward_name) that joined with Districts(id, province_id, name) on district_id : For filtering a big list of data
2. Organisation (id, ward_id, name, address, ...) list: for listing thousands of record for organisation that have ward_id referenced to Wards

A. Ward list
I created List of wards that bases on wards and LEFT join with district on district_id.
+ I used the district__province_id as a dbtajoin that point to the list of province, List view setting as Dropdown
+ I use the district_id (id for district) as a cascadingdropdown that watch the district.province_id and point to the list of districts.

B. Organisation list
+ I created the list of organisation list with data joined with ward and districts as mentioned at the begining.
+ With organisation__ward_id element, I applied dbjoin and activate the Front End Select point to Ward list. Thanks to Troester advice, I used this element rendered as autocomplete.

PROBLEM:::
+ In editing
an existing record of organisation, Front end select work fine and I can select province, district then select a ward and it changed the ward_id of organisation successfully on saving. The only problem is Fabrik throw an error saying that it failed in saving to district/province due to foreign key problem. This is ok as data is changed in Organisation, we can just ignore the error.
+ However, in adding a new record, the Selection form popped up for ward selection. Only province list have data, at selection of a province, nothing happend with district_id. Click on a ward, nothing happen as well.
+ I can only choose a ward_id by typing in the ward_id autocomplete to search for a ward then save!
Since I am new to Fabrik, would you please be so kind bright me up on this matter with thanks.

For your testing, you can access my testing site at http://inforcb.sfdp.net/index.php/join-list
Using user name test_user/ test12345

Thank you very much for your attention.
Dang DInh ngoc - Viet Nam

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back