Custom Joomla! Registration Form

robjen

Hello,

I'm a Bronze subscriber and using Fabrik version 3.

I would like to add some custom fields to the core Joomla Registration form.

The user would need to be able to still login using the core Joomla login module.

Have created a List named Register with a table named custom_registration.

To test it out I have only created four fields - name, username, password and email. More fields will be added later when I get it working

I am trying to map these fields to the same four fields in the Joomla users table.

I am trying to accomplish this by using the List Menu item > Data tab > Joins. I have only (left) joined the username field of my custom_registration username field with the core Joomla users table username field.

That creates a bit of a double up of the Elements PLUS my Registration form AND the Joomla Restration form BOTH appear together on the front end. Obviously, I have got it completely wrong.

Have been trying for a couple of days to sort it out and would appreciate some guidance.

Kind regards,
robjen

You may want to look at the juser plugin for Fabrik. You will find it amongst the plugins within your forms section. Look for the plugins tab.

I noticed there isn't any documentation on this plugin so I found you a thread that may be useful.

http://fabrikar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26085

EDIT:- But if you do want to do it your route you'll probably need an inner join not a left join. If you use an inner join you only need to create the additional fields you want, i.e you don't need to duplicate the ones already in the Joomla users table.

Hello felixkat,

Thanks for your help. The links you provided also proved helpful. Had some trouble trying to find the juser plugin though.

I did find it in the end and was able to create the custom Registration form.

Again, thanks for your valuable assistance.

I have no doubt I will be posting about something else down the track.

Regards,
robjen

Hi felixkat, could you explain a bit further your answer below?

EDIT:- But if you do want to do it your route you'll probably need an inner join not a left join. If you use an inner join you only need to create the additional fields you want, i.e you don't need to duplicate the ones already in the Joomla users table.

I thougt i understand the join types but your description totally confused me. In my understanding in both case (inner and left or right) you only have to create the additional fields. The difference would be is:

when inner join, the list shows only the common records (which are present in both list) so in this case, the users who will register from now

when left join, it also shows every previous registration, with the additional fields with NULL value.

Or am i going the wrong way?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back