Custom Link to Filtered List

Status
Not open for further replies.

griffin

I have a list of courses that is filtered by {$my->id} - I can see the courses where I am the tutor of the course. Each course has a course_id.

I then have an element which has custom link to see the students registered in the particular course.
Code:
index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=33&sms___course_id={rowid}
When run this takes me to the list of students (sms) but doesn't show any of the data or labels - just empty rows. When I view a row I can see the details for each student that is on the course.

I want to see some of the student's details in the list, but not all of them. Anybody able to help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

Friendly bump

After clicking on the link this is what I get

List View.png

I expected to see the labels and data. Anyone able to advise how I can get these to appear - do I need to specify which elements in the custom link?

Yes most are set to show in list - I would like to be able to select which ones to show through the link also if that is possible.

No, you can't specify which ones to show on the link itself.

Although you could do this by setting up a menu item for that view of the list and link to that instead of a component link. Then in the list settings on the menu item, select which elements you want.

Suggest you try that, see if it also solves the issue with no elements being displayed - I'm not sure why that's happening, I can replicate that issue here.

-- hugh

Thanks for the replies.

Is the reason I can't see the data or labels anything to do with the 1st list (courses) having a prefilter of the user - the user can only see the rows where trainer_id={$my->id}?

When the user then clicks on the link to see the students registered for the particular course it takes them to the other list (sms) - sms___course_id={rowid}.

I tried the custom link to another list and got the same result where there was no data or labels.

A prefilter is only filtering records not columns (elements).
So you may see "no data" but always all columns/elements which are published and set to "show in list view".
But you can override the element settings in a Fabrik list menu item (or a Fabrik list module).
There's no Itemid (= the menu item) in your custom link so I assume the link is going to your "Home" menu.
If this is a Fabrik list menu (an other list) with element selection in the menu options this would create this "display without columns".

Thanks Troester - putting in an Itemid in the custom link to its own menu item without any element selection made in the menu options has solved that problem - labels and data now visible. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back