Date about the compilation of a text field

Dz

Goodmorning everyone. I'm using Fabrik recently and I find it a very powerful tool.
At the moment I have a problem on the realization of a field, a date field that it represents only the compilation of a text field in the form.
I already have the date of creation of the record, but I need to find another when the record is updated with the completion of new field.

does anyone have any suggestions?o_O

Do you mean you wish to have a date field updated whenever a specific field is changed or when any part of the record is updated? You could create a date filed and update it in a form onBeforeSave plugin.

As @achartier said, this would be do-able with a PHP form submission plugin. It's not entirely trivial, as you would need to compare the new value of the field with the old value, to see if it has changed. If you search the forums for origData or getOrigData you'll find a few examples of people doing similar things. For instance:

http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/set-default-value-after-change-event.42738/#post-217290

As that code shows, $formModel->getOrigData() gets you the form data currently in the database, prior to the changes being submitted, which you can then compare against the submitted form data.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back