• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

[Solved] Date field to record the date and time when the send button is pressed

giusebos

Hi,
I've a form where is possible digit some data, then when the operators press the button save the form is send by email.

I need only registered automaticaly the date and time of saving/send.

Subsequently who open and send the form can change some data but I need that the date can't update.
The date of saving/send must be saved in the database only one time, the first time.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions

Hi, I've partial solved my problem whith timestamp plug-in, but I'm traing setup it on GTM and local server but in any case it show two more hours of my server.
Any suggest about?
Thanks in advance

ok, actually I solved just that, but I couldn't get what I wanted:
I have a very long form, it takes at least 4 minutes to compile it;

I would like to capture the time when the form is sent and saved in the database (it is also sent by email)

If you're using a PHP form plugin now, what's its setting for "On"? Make sure it's set to "New", then it'll run only for new records, not on edit.

See your second screenshot (02.jpg = the one of the PHP form plugin): you have set "On" to "Both". As I said, set it to "New" instead for it to run for new records only, and not when they're being edited.

Also, in the "date" element plugin, set "Always return today's date" to "No".
(At "Yes", it would obviously always overwrite the date and time with the current one, also on edit. With that set to "No", you'll probably not even need the form plugin.)

Thanks for your help.
I did as you indicated, unfortunately I always get the opening time form. I did a test waiting 5 minutes before saving: unfortunately the date and time are those of opening forms.

replaced onAfterProcess with onBeforeProcess leaving unchanged:
PHP:
$formModel->updateFormData('aa_tickets___data_inoltro_tickets', 'string value', true);

No time is recorded

Uhmmm... one must trust that you're not really using 'string value' in your code...
Or must it be explicitly said that this wants to to be the actual date/time?

I did tests with and without the string, no useful results
Now seriously... it's not about "with" or "without", it's about the correct string and, for what you want, that's got to be a date and time in the correct format, such as '2019-07-22 09:44:12'.
Needless to say (?), if you want it to be the current date, you can get it per PHP and insert it there.

it's not a question of format !! the time (and date) when it is recorded is the form opening date.

I need to record the time when I save the form!

If you do it with the PHP form plugin onBeforeProcess, would you agree that...
1. 'string value' is not the current date and time?
2. instead you need to have date and time in the correct database format? (This would be something like '2019-07-22 09:44:12', obviously.)
3. to get the current date and time, you'll need to get it first and, since we're talking a PHP plugin, that getting and having it formatted correctly in PHP is the way to go?

https://www.w3schools.com/php/php_date.asp

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back