Element Form(edit) access from database join field instead of user field

burghard

Because a field with user plugin gets the current user id on record creation I switched to a database join element. I want the user to edit only one field in "its own" record in a list.
So I set the "Edit records" access for the list to "or use field" and set it to my "owner" field, which is a database join field.
I set up the access for one element which should be edited by the user to "Form (edit)-> Or user field" to the "owner" field, too.
Now if the user sees the list, only his own records are shown as editable (the edit button appears only beside his own records). But if the user loads the form, the field is NOT editable.
If I change the plugin for the owner field from database join to user plugin, the field is editable for the owner of the record.
I would change the owner field to user plugin but then the owner field is populated with the id of the user which creates the record and this is not the owner of the record, because he creates the records for other users (see http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.ph...here-a-chance-to-overwrite-the-default.43426/).

I would debug and fix this if I can, but somebody should to point me to the code snippets, where the check is done (for the list and for the element).

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back