File Upload - no options, blank page

diggerclump

Hoping someone can help with my fileupload element problem. I have searched through the forums but can't find a solution.

I am running Joomla 2.5.8 along with Fabrik 3.0.6.3.

My problem is that I can't get the fileupload element to work. When I create a new element and select the fileupload Plug-in, there are no options - it is just blank.

It will allow me to save the element, however if I try to go back and edit, I just get a blank white page. I turned Joomla's error reporting to maximum, went back and checked, but am still getting a blank page (no PHP errors or anything).

All server paths are correct and writeable in Joomla's config.

I have downloaded and re-installed the fileupload plugin, but still not having any luck.

Can someone help with this? Next steps? I am happy to provide any information required.

many thanks!

Also! Forgot to mention that every other Plug-in works just fine. It's only the fileupload plugin that I am having trouble with.

I have also just applied the latest Github update (via FTP), which went well but unfortunately did not fix the problem.

thanks again

With error reporting at Max, can you check the source of the page, see if there is anything hidden that gives an indication of the error?

Do you have access to your server error logs?

-- hugh

With error reporting at Max, can you check the source of the page, see if there is anything hidden that gives an indication of the error?

Do you have access to your server error logs?

-- hugh

Sorry for the late reply. Regarding the server error logs - yes I have full access (I administer this VPS), however there is nothing showing up here at all. There are other unrelated errors from October and earlier (Fabrik/Joomla is sitting on a subdomain of another site), so I know the server is actually logging.

Regarding the source of the page - it's empty, unfortunately. To reiterate, I am only getting a blank white page when attempting to edit the fileupload element in the backend after having saved it.

I have attached some screen caps of what I have been describing so far. If anyone can offer me any suggestions, I would really appreciate it as I need to have this working asap.

Thanks everyone for your help

Attachments

• fileupload-1.jpg
    fileupload-1.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 255
  • fileupload-2.jpg
    fileupload-2.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 288
UPDATE:

I decided to try a fresh install on another VPS I have, and the fileupload function works 100% fine on this server.

So I scrubbed the Joomla install on the non-working server, and started from scratch - using the exact same Joomla and Fabrik installers as I used on the working server. Still having the problem! No options on the fileupload element.

Both servers are running the exact same versions of PHP and MySQL.

So at this stage it doesn't appear to be a software/installation problem, but rather a server setting that is preventing this from working.

Any suggestions would be great! Thanks

Can I bump this again? I'd be very grateful for any help.

I am more than happy to supply a URL and a login/password for someone to check it out.

Many thanks

You can compare the system informations (Site/System Information) on both servers.
Maybe you can see a difference which can give a hint.

You can compare the system informations (Site/System Information) on both servers.
Maybe you can see a difference which can give a hint.

I have actually done this, and they're exactly the same. I even went through the entire PHP configuration to ensure that both servers are running the same extensions, and they are.

Is there any way to analyze the element edit page (in the Fabrik backend) so I can see why the fileupload element doesn't display any options?

You can enable something like firebug (in Firefox, or development tools in Chrome or IE) to see if you get JS errors.

Did you try with different browsers?
Clear all Joomla and browser cache?

You can enable something like firebug (in Firefox, or development tools in Chrome or IE) to see if you get JS errors.

Did you try with different browsers?
Clear all Joomla and browser cache?

Hi Troester, thanks for your responses.

I have tried this on numerous browsers, and 3 different PCs, all with the same result. Refreshed both site and browser caches.

There are no errors when using the Chrome tools or Firefox Firebug plugin. I have attached screen captures so you can see this.

Attachments

• fileupload-chrome.jpg
    fileupload-chrome.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 220
  • fileupload-firebug.jpg
    fileupload-firebug.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 209
One more attempt:
in fabrik options (Form tab) set "WYSIWYG editor for element labels"=no

I'll need to get logged in to your site to look at this one. Can you catch me on Skype ('cheesegrits').

Meanwhile, take a look at the response tab from that POST you are seeing in the firebug console. I can't read the details, but that should be the AJAX call we make when you select the element type, and the response should contain the options data. But may contain some kind of PHP error info.

-- hugh

I'll need to get logged in to your site to look at this one. Can you catch me on Skype ('cheesegrits').

Meanwhile, take a look at the response tab from that POST you are seeing in the firebug console. I can't read the details, but that should be the AJAX call we make when you select the element type, and the response should contain the options data. But may contain some kind of PHP error info.

-- hugh

Ok, I've attached another screencap, hopefully this is what you're looking for?

I will try and catch you on Skype now. Thanks again for your help.

Attachments

• fileupload-firebug-2.jpg
    fileupload-firebug-2.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 208

-- hugh

Sorry, just having some probs with Skype, I have sent you a PM.

thanks again

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back