Fileupload element delete

NickC4555

I can see there have been discussions about this going back a while, but using the latest build the delete function on the fileupload element is still messy.

The workflow:

1. On a form file element, click Delete.
2. Message box: Do you want to remove the file reference from this record?
3. Click ok.
4. Message box: Do you want to delete the file from the server?
5. It doesn't matter what you do at this point, the delete button disappears and the file is no longer attached to the record, even though its name is still on the form.
6. Selecting save or cancel on the form makes no difference, the image is gone from the record.

Desired workflow:

1. On a form file element, click Delete.
2. Click save or back on the form to accept or abandon all changes.

In other words, make it like editing any other element type. Is there likely to be any progress on this, please?

I've tried using ajax uploads, which improves things a bit with regard to delete, but it doesn't work for my requirement at all because _raw isn't supported, it returns [{" file":"\="" images\="" directory\="" hifi.jpg","params":""}], for a file which has the path images/directory/hifi.jpg.

Last edited:
Improving the file deletion is on my (long) list of things to do to the upload element. As with any features, it'll most likely get worked on when either I need it for a direct client project, or someone funds the work.

-- hugh

Ok, thank you. Could I create a layout override? I had a look in plugins/fabrik-element/fileupload/layouts, but it seems that most of the code is in fileupload.php in the parent directory, and I don't seem to be able to override that.

What payment amount would be sufficient to get this fixed? It is confusing and driving our customers (mostly simple organic farmers) and customer support crew INSANE. Please tell us the cost to fix it and we will pay.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back