Fill in fields based on entered information

maw2be

Hi
I'm new to sql, database etc.
I'm building for company custom base crm/erp.
I have table with customers details.
I have form for sales calls. I would like to that staff enter a company name (databasejoin working with autocomplete) and after chose a company automatic will be filled fields like phone number, emails etc.
Probably this is silly and easy to do but like I said I'm new to this. Please help and thanks for understanding.

Use the 'autofill' form plugin.

I can't remember if that's a "core" plugin or not, you may need to download and install it.

-- hugh

OK, I'm install it, configure (hope correctly) but it's not working. I attach screenshot maybe doing something wrong.

Attachments

• screenfabrik.jpg
    screenfabrik.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 103
Impossible to tell from that image, really, as I don't know what elements are what.

However, assuming that "Client" is you database join, and it uses 'id' (the Primary Key) of the clients table as the value (which it should), then your "lookup field" should very probably be 'id', not "Name".

-- hugh

List - Client is table to take data from
Lookup field - ???
Field to observe - Client is a name of field in another table/form, user will type a name there, this work as databasejoin with autocomplete. also I have a field phone what have to be autofill with similar field from table Client

Right, so in your Client join element, you should be using the 'id' (primary key) of the table you are joining to. It will have '(recommended)' next to it the dropdown of elements to choose the join's value from. And that is the "Lookup field" you need to select.

Then the value of your Client join will be used to select the appropriate row from the client table you are puling the information from.

-- hugh

Thanks for help.
It's looks autofill working only with dropdown not autocomplete.
Maybe autofill become core element of next version fabrik?

It works fine with autocomplete:

http://screencast.com/t/b91BhhTs7

As you can see, I'm autofilling the ZIP and County from a Cities list. My City element is an autocomplete join, using the 'id' as the value, and the Autofill is set to use that as the lookup element.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back