Form email plugin doesn't allow changes to be saved

Bauer

I went to edit the email plugin in a form and keep getting the message shown when I try to save.

Attachments

• emailFormError.png
    emailFormError.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 119
I can't replicate this, tried on two different servers, on half a dozen forms with a variety of plugin permutations.

Not sure what to suggest.

-- hugh

What's weird is that's not really even our code. We just use JForms, and designate certain fields as being required. The J! code then automagically validates those fields.

Are you running J! 3.4.x? Not the 3.5 beta?

-- hugh

What's weird is that's not really even our code. We just use JForms, and designate certain fields as being required. The J! code then automagically validates those fields.

Are you running J! 3.4.x? Not the 3.5 beta?

-- hugh
I'm running Joomla v.3.4.6 php 5.5.30 CGI/FastCGI.
I'll track it down - started in on it earlier then got into some thing more pressing at the moment.
I'll let you know what I find.

I started also getting javascript alerts when I tried to save.
They would either say "At least one group must be checked" or "Invalid form" - both which left me scratching my head.
I tracked down those js alerts as being triggerd in the js code in ./administrator/components/com_fabrik/views/form/tmpl/bootstrap.php (lines 36 & 49)

To make a 3-hour nightmare short - it wasn't the email plugin at all. That just happened to be the plugin I edited since I accidentally disabled the 'redirect' plugin (which was also in that form). That explains the "invalid field --do--" system message. It wasn't coming from the --do-- in the email plugin but from the --do-- in the redirect plugin. Duhh.

I disabled the system redirect plugins the other day and must have accidentally unpublished the fabrik form redirect plugin too.:oops:
I either need better glasses or a new brain.

I only admit my idiotic embarrassment in hopes it might help you assist another user who might make the same mistake and encounter a similar 'mystery' when saving a form.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back