Form submission errors from tmpl=component

Hssarth

Hey, guys. I've got a fabrik form being displayed in a JCEMediaBox, which always forces the display of my target article to use the component template. Since the form will otherwise just stick it's self in the middle of the rest of the page's content in a new window, this is actually a good thing.

What I've come to find however, is that once &tmpl=component is added to the URL, the submit button no longer works -- even if the code in the template's index.php is identical to that in component.php. If you can force the page to render using index.php, it will submit without issue.

Using Chrome, I've been looking for possible render errors. Using index.php I get one error message (which I'm not actually concerned about, but it's worth noting in comparison to the next log I'm going to post below this):
Code:
Uncaught TypeError: Object function (){} has no method 'onDomReady' ja.moomenu.js:191
(anonymous function)

And here's the list of errors while rendering using component.php with identical code (for the sake of testing -- though it should be noted here that the following errors appear regardless of if the code is identical or not to index.php):
Code:
Uncaught ReferenceError: Class is not defined caption.js:4
(anonymous function) caption.js:4
Uncaught ReferenceError: Class is not defined art.js:237
(anonymous function) art.js:237
(anonymous function) art.js:327
Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Window] has no method 'addEvent' our-support:30
(anonymous function) our-support:30
Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Window] has no method 'addEvent' ja.script.js:71
(anonymous function) ja.script.js:71
Uncaught ReferenceError: Asset is not defined our-support:183
(anonymous function) our-support:183

If I had to take a guess, I'd say I needed to include the fabrik php components within the component.php file. I've tried just using com_fabrik/controller.php to no avail. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Using JCE to load a JCEMediaBox (lightbox-like plugin for the editor), which points to an article. The article contains a Fabrik form. What would have been...
Code:
/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8:support-form&catid=2:uncategorised
Becomes...
Code:
index.php/our-support?id=8&tmpl=form&tmpl=component

Still not quite sure how you are loading this form though, I'm not familiar with the JCEMediaBox.

But if you can override the URL try it with &tmpl=component&iframe=1

I believe the iframe=1 tells Fabrik to handle things differently in lightboxes or at least popup windows.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back