GoogleGeoData Element Plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear,

the map will been change to correct position with the marker on correct position, when I click on GeoData.

When I move the map in the window to an other position, the window fill not been refreshed with the Firefox 17.0.1. I move the map outside of the window and then I see the map only in a part of the map window. Same problem, when I change the zoom, the map moves in a wrong area! When I used google map on the google site, this works fine. Their must been something wrong in the plugin!

When I test this with the internet-explorer, I can correct move the map in the window without problems. The map refreshes automaticly and the zoom works equal perfectly!

I can't replicate this, all my map test forms work fine with the Geodata button, and then moving / zooming.

Can you point me at your page?

What form template are you using?

Is your form inside some kind of tabbed interface? Like the Fabrik 'tabs' template, or some other extension / content plugin?

-- hugh

Dear cheesegrits,

I have send you a skype message about the loging datas.

Yes, I use a form with many sites. I use the purity_ii - Template

Merry Christmas

Detlef

We talked on Skype. As per that conversation, I was unable to duplicate the problem you describe with Firefox.

Try with FF on a different computer, see if you get the same problem.

-- hugh

Dear cheesegrits,

so, now I know what is the problem and I have the same situation on 2 machines under XP with newest Firefox and all installed updates from Microsoft:

This resolve on my computer the problem:
Install the newest Direct-X (the auto-update from Microsoft has not update correctly) and install the newest Adobe - Flash - Player!

Close then the Firefox and test it again. When the problem is not solved, follow the informations on the google site:
http://support.google.com/maps/bin/answer.py?hl=de&answer=21849&ctx=cb&src=cb&cbid=-11qscecpwyx9j

Many thanks for your help

Regards

Detlef

The Problem comes back, bus was changed in github in the original template-files, but it?s important to, when custome templates exists, that changes will been make self too!

Their is one problem now (Github 658) - Template Bluesky

In edit mode function perfect
In view mode functions not perfect - no correct refresh (only 25% filled from the map)

Can you try with a non tabbed template, so the map is always displayed.

That'll give me a clue as to where to start looking.

Also, can you run with Firebug in Firefox, with the tabbed template, and see if it tosses any JS error when you switch tabs.

I suspect this is to do with a Google maps "feature" which prevents the map from loading properly if it isn't visible when the map is created. We have some code in the map element that attempts to detect if you are using a tabbed template, and if so we fire off a map reload when the tab is first selected. But sometimes that doesn't work in specific circumstances.

-- hugh

yes, only when I use groups with "Pagination - Multi-Page - Forms yes - Page brake: on" - the fresh is not working!

and I got not javascript errores, I can see only warnings a lot!

and when I use in a not correct refreshed googlemap in multipage-form and when I switch to "display ruler" in webdeveloper extension OR I open firebug, then just in this moment the actualisation work only one time! I can then move the map and the map hangs again, it woll not refresh again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back