Help with googlemap

Well, I thought it was working.... Two issues:

1. I am seeing _fabrik_log entries from another server 'wget' Cron Job:
8,Undefined index: view,/home/gfkcbrhl/public_html/components/com_cobalt/routers/main_router.php,126​
It seems to run when the wget CRON job runs. With the schedule set at one per minute on the Fabrik scheduled task, it runs once a minute while the wget CRON job is running. Not a big issue, just wondering how the Fabrik log found these when a Fabrik scheduled task didn't ask for them.

2. I did a test last night:
-Created a server CRON job to run a truncate and refresh of the table with an empty geocode element column once a day at midnight.
-Created a server CRON 'wget' code CRON job that runs 10 minutes later.
- The 'wget' CRON job failed to fill the geocode elements in the table. Running the scheduled task manually sucessfully fills the geocode elements. Here is my server CRON entry:
Here is the response from the server:
99.999.999.999|
:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: unspecified [text/html]
Saving to: ‘index.php?fabrik_cron=<secret code>.2’

0K .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... 74.6M
50K .......... .......... .... 76.4M=0.001s

2023-05-23 00:55:06 (75.2 MB/s) - ‘index.php?fabrik_cron=<secret code>.2’ saved [76026]​
Note the 'Saving to:' line.. If my secret code was '9999', it saves to '9999.2'.

Last edited:
I assume list/DB access rights.
A scheduled task not triggered from the backend is running with "Public" access rights.

I assume list/DB access rights.
A scheduled task not triggered from the backend is running with "Public" access rights.

"A scheduled task not triggered from the backend" Does that mean a scheduled task triggered from the server CRON job (which is what I'm trying to do)?

And that the scheduled task does not have access to the the list, hence the database.

>>>>Where are access rights set for scheduled tasks?

Last edited:
I've set the access levels of the list for Edit, Add Delete, Empty to one that has full permissions.

I've set the element's Form(add) and Form(edit) to the same access level as above

The form itself does not appear to have any access level settings.

I set the server Cron to run 'now' for a test, and the list (table) did not update. I received the email that reports the results of the Cron and it reported...

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: unspecified [text/html]
Saving to: ‘index.php?fabrik_cron=,secret string>.8’

0K .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... 77.8M
50K .......... .......... .... 72.0M=0.001s

2023-05-24 11:11:05 (75.8 MB/s) - ‘index.php?fabrik_cron=,secret string>.8’ saved [76204]

>>> Is there anything else that may be preventing the server CRON from updating the list with geocodes?

What do you mean with "one"? If cron is running it's just "Public".
You can simulate the cron call by just typing the wget URL manually
https://mysite.org/index.php?fabrik_cron=<secret code>
Enable logging and mailing in the scheduled task itself and see what you get in your mail and in the #_fabrik_log table

by 'one' I meant an access level. I reset the permissions in my list to Public.

I typed the URL manually. The empty element fields didn't update in the DB table and I didn't get an email or an entry in the fabrik log. When the server CRON runs I get an email from the CRON task but no entry in the log. The scheduled task is set to run each minute, and Reschedule Manual is set to YES. There are entries in the log each minute, but they are messages that refer to a different Joomla extension(component):
8,Undefined index: view,/home/gfkcbrhl/public_html/components/com_cobalt/routers/main_router.php,126​
Running the task manually always updates the geocodes.

Last edited:
This is not Fabrik.

Did you publish the geo scheduled task?
Did you publish the Fabrik Scheduled task System plugin?
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/scheduled-tasks/

Are you running J!3/Fabrik 3 or J!4/Fabrik 4? You are posting in both forums.

But geocoding is working in both versions.

I know it's not Fabrik, but that info is showing up in the Fabrik Log in the message column for some reason. Here's what it looks like:
view

The geo fields populate when I run the scheduled task manually
view

The geo scheduled task and the Plugin are both published.

I am running J!3/Fabrik 3. As far as I can tell, I am posting in Home>> Forums >>Fabrik 3.1+ for Joomla 3.0+ >>Community. Is there another place I should be posting?

Here's my configuration:
view

Last edited:
Please post screenshots of your settings directly in the post, not some non-accessible files.

This is your post in Fabrik 4 forum which confused me a bit https://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/reschedule-manual.53867/

I would leave 'Reschedule Manual' =no (which is the default). I never used it, no idea what will happen with Yes.

When I try to post an image, a screen comes up asking for a URL. When I enter the link it just shows up as . Not sure how to post an image at this point. Any tips?

Sorry about that re J4;

I tried 'NO' in the 'Reschedule Manual line; no luck.

• If I set the time to 1 minute, I see the incorrect entry in the log every minute and the fields are not filled
  • If I use the URL or a server CRON there is no entry in the log and the fields are not filled.
  • If I run it manually it works, there is an entry in the log that tells me how many fields were filled, and I get an email telling me how many fields were filled.
Thanks for your help...

Last edited:
When I try to post an image, a screen comes up asking for a URL. When I enter the link it just shows up as . Not sure how to post an image at this point. Any tips?

Sorry about that re J4;

I tried 'NO' in the 'Reschedule Manual line; no luck.

• If I set the time to 1 minute, I see the incorrect entry in the log every minute and the fields are not filled
  • If I use the URL or a server CRON there is no entry in the log and the fields are not filled.
  • If I run it manually it works, there is an entry in the log that tells me how many fields were filled, and I get an email telling me how many fields were filled.
Thanks for your help...

Update: I set 'require query string' to NO, and it updated (time set to 1 minute). I've now set time to 1 hour. So the server CRON is out for now. I see that when the table is emptied (which I do every night or manually when testing), the log will clear. So hopefully the geocode will happen within an hour after the table is emptied.

Update: I set 'require query string' to NO, and it updated
This sounds very much like a wrong URL.
As I said:
You can test the scheduled task with query string=yes just by typing the URL you want to use in your cron job.

With querystring=no the scheduled task will be triggered by every frontend activity (only restricted by the frequency).

Not sure what you mean with "table is emptied" (what should be geocoded on an empty table) and "log will clear" (in #_fabrik_log nothing will be deleted).

This sounds very much like a wrong URL.
As I said:
You can test the scheduled task with query string=yes just by typing the URL you want to use in your cron job.

With querystring=no the scheduled task will be triggered by every frontend activity (only restricted by the frequency).

Not sure what you mean with "table is emptied" (what should be geocoded on an empty table) and "log will clear" (in #_fabrik_log nothing will be deleted).

Here is my URL: 'wget https://mysite.org/index.php?fabrik_cron=1' where 'mysite.org' is the URL of my site. I can type 'mysite.org' into a browser and reach my site. If that URL is not correct, I don't know how to fix it.

My PHP program empties the data in the table but keeps the structure and then fills it with current data. The program ran from a server CRON entry set to run at 2:45. This resulted in a table (292 records) with just the geocode element for each record being empty. The city, zip, etc fields have data. Another CRON contains the URL and is set to run at 2:55. The scheduled task is set to run once per hour. Require Querystring was set to 'NO'.

This morning the table's geocode elements were filled and log entries show that 292 records were encoded at 3:41:11 AM, 283 encoded at 3:41:11, and 163 at 3:41:13. The first fabrik_log table entry is at 3:40:35. After that, there are records each hour (4:40, 5:40, etc) that report 0 records encoded. I suppose all of those log records were initiated by a frontend activity sometime in each previous hour..

I know that the fabrik_log had entries last evening and that they are no longer in the log.

Since the log clears each time the list data is recreated, I figure this configuration will do what I need without the log continuing to grow beyond 24 entries; but I would much prefer to be able to use the server CRON.

Did you set something in "Query secret"? In this case the URL must be https://mysite.org/index.php?fabrik_cron=the-secret
If this is a valid URL for your site. It may depend on .htaccess, redirects, security stuff like Admintools...
As I said:
Try to access your site by typing this complete URL manually into your browser.

BTW: You can just copy/paste images into the post or "Upload a file" (below the edit form) from your PC

Did you set something in "Query secret"? In this case the URL must be https://mysite.org/index.php?fabrik_cron=the-secret
If this is a valid URL for your site. It may depend on .htaccess, redirects, security stuff like Admintools...
As I said:
Try to access your site by typing this complete URL manually into your browser.

BTW: You can just copy/paste images into the post or "Upload a file" (below the edit form) from your PC

I did have an entry in 'Query secret'; just not the one shown below.

When I type https://mysite.org/index.php?fabrik_cron=1 into the browser I get the home page of my site.

Here is my setup: (I've been trying the editor image icon to show an image and that's what wasn't working; this works a treat!)
Screenshot 2023-05-25 105708.png

Last edited:
"Query Secret" is active only if also "Require querstring"= Yes.
But then it must be
https://mysite.org/index.php?fabrik_cron=my_secret_code
to trigger the scheduled task.
my_secret_code is used in a URL so it must be URL save: no spaces, URL save characters.

All is working fine on my site (Require querystring with/without secret, F3 and F4, triggered via CRON job/via browser URL)
upload_2023-5-25_19-55-52.png

Typing in https://mysite.org/index.php?fabrik_cron=1 in the browser does not work for me, nor does creating a CRON job with that URL. I assume it's not Fabrik, but some error or glitch in the CRON service or the server that's simply ignoring it. I don't know where to start to figure that out.

"All is working fine on my site (Require querystring with/without secret, F3 and F4, triggered via CRON job/via browser URL)"​

What does F3 and F4 mean?

I presently have a work-around where I created a CRON job to run once a day at 10PM and that rebuilds the target table with blank geocode values in every record. Then 15 minutes after the CRON job ran the first time I configured the schedule run once per day and then saved it, It runs each day 15 minutes after the CRON job runs and geocodes the records.

Here's the _fabrik_log table. (I don't understand why there are records that refer to a completely different exension; this has to be Fabrik that's finding something it thinks is a geocode. Here's the full message: "8,Undefined index: view,/home/gfkcbrhl/public_html/components/com_cobalt/routers/main_router.php,126"

Also don't understand why, for 296 empty records, it encodes 296 and then encodes 235 again.
Screenshot 2023-05-31 125723.png

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back