Hide/Show elements using custom Javascript

mmsa12

Hi All,

I spend some time looking for this, so I though to post it here for anyone looking for it.

How to Hide/show elements based on value an element?

Select the javascript action "onLoad, onChange" you will have to add two javascript actually onload and onchange

Code:
var radioButton= document.getElementById('copy_paste_your_element_placeholder_for_radio_button').getValue();
var element1= Fabrik.getBlock('form_X').formElements.get('copy_paste_your_element_placeholder_for_element1');

if (radioButton=='1')
{
  elemnt1.show();
}
else if (radioButton=='0')
{
  element1.hide();
}

Hi Thanks for posting this
I am trying to get this inline JS to work based on a selection from a drop down.
I am using the"change" function
If they select "Mixed" in the dd the text field options appear to add "Males" and "Females"
if they select "Male" the text field option to add Male pupils only is shown and Females are hidden.
JavaScript:
var type = document.getElementById('sch_profiles___type').getValue;
var element1= Fabrik.getBlock('form_7').formElements.get('sch_profiles___PupilsMale');
var element2= Fabrik.getBlock('form_7').formElements.get('sch_profiles___PupilsFemale');
if (type=='mixed')
{
  element1.show();
  element2.show();
}
else if (type=='girls')
{
  element1.hide();
}
else if (type=='boys')
{
  element2.hide();
}

Thanks for any pointers!

I'm trying to do a custom javascript on a calc element (ajax enabled) on "Change" in the box "Write your own...." basically to save time
This is my code however elements 1 -3 refuse to hide themselves!!
JavaScript:
var element1= Fabrik.getBlock('form_15').formElements.get('aaa_mentors___pref_hospital_school');
var element2= Fabrik.getBlock('form_15').formElements.get('aaa_mentors___pref_special_school');
var element3= Fabrik.getBlock('form_15').formElements.get('aaa_mentors___pref_special_classes');
if (this == 'Post Primary') {
element1.hide();
element2.hide();
element3.hide();
}
Any ideas why this code wont work?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back