How to determine which columns are visible in a related data list

burghard

I have a menu item which points to a list with related data. I chosed to show an appropirate related data link. When clicking on the link all related data are shown in a list but there are no columns shown in the list. I would like to see some columns out of the related list. So how can I determine, which columns are visible in a related data list?

I assume you have defined elements to show in list view in this menu item.
This feature can't be used if you want to display a related data list.

Yes! I defined elements to show in List view at the "Fabrik List Options" tab. Does this prevent the columns for the related data list to be displayed? How can I display some columns in the related data list, if not when displaying the list via a menu item?

Does this prevent the columns for the related data list to be displayed?
Yes.

Don't set the options in the menu item, use the "Show in list" option in the elements' settings (for both the "main" list and the related list).

Yes that's it. But it would be nice, being able to choose them at the menu item settings also. Wouldn't it?

In the menu for which list? The main list, or the related list?

I can't see it working that way, as we really have no UI for showing related data lists in the menu settings for the main list (that'd be a lot of coding). And the menu for a related list would have the wrong itemId, we have no way of "relating" J! menu itemId's.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back