• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

How to use an existing data table to display google map?

Arnaud

Hello I have a problem to display my users on the google map without going through the factory form. The location of my users is already in a table of my database, but they are integrated in a form "datakey -> latitude" and on another line "datakey -> longitude" I would like to be able to use this table, but compress these two lines in a single line type (latitude, longitude) so that the plug-in google map can recognize the line and display the markers of my users on the map. Could you help me ? I put you some pictures.

test.png

How is it possible to use this table of my database so that the plug-in google map recognize my entries datakey: latitude and datakey: longitude, when I select this table the visualization of the map indicates to me: 0 No element found corresponding to googlemap, 1 I imagine that it is by this the coordinate field is not displayed in the form (latitude, longitude): 5 but I'm wrong can be!

when I create a new blank table with a localization form the component works perfectly, but I do not want my users to restart their profile with another form I need to use an already existing table! thanks a lot for your help
:(

This type of 'Joomla custom fields'? (or something similar, i.e. fields are not columns in a table holding data but there's a meta table which is holding the field description + the field content) are not supported.

You may create a Fabrik form for all your additional user infos and use the jUser form plugin to synchronize with Joomla users (if this is what you want to do).

ok I understand better why I can not ... thank you Troester!

I just created a new list (virgin) in a new table, can I manually add from the form the username and that location and then refer to this username to insert in the info bubble information from another already existing table?

Attachments

• liste google map.png
    liste google map.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 206
  • liste google map-2.png
    liste google map-2.png
    325.2 KB · Views: 217
  • liste google map-3.png
    liste google map-3.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 206
like that the user can indicate this localization of himself, without adding all the information which he already filled in his profile, fabrik will take care of going to look for this information to show them in the tooltip

Hmm, yeah, that's not going to work, as of course it's a composite key.

Is showing a map the only thing you need to do with this table?

I recently answered someone with a similar question, and gave them a query which would build a MySQL view, combining data from a standard primary keyed user profile table with user field data, into a unified view that pivoted the field data into single rows with the user data.

That would enable you to build the map viz, but Fabrik lists built on views are "read only", you cant add or edit data through them.

If that's OK, then you could search through recent posts (I want to say it was about a month ago) for where I answered a very similar question about field data.

-- hugh

Thank you very much Hugh but I decided to propose to the user the possibility to fill his profile with much more precision since fabrik I have therefore to ask less information with my social component and to improve the interface with fabrik it me seems simpler;) thank you very much for your help on this forum!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back