I must be missing something (atleast understanding :)

Eldhrin

I have 2 tables.

One with cats and one with catshows.
The idea is to create a cat and eventually when it has attended a show, you can type in (choosing the cat) - and what score it got on the show.

In my cats list i have left join to the catshow table.
This creates a Group of (cat cat-shows). (the show results should only show in details)

Everything about this has worked just fine.
I could create a cat (not having to enter shows)
I could create shows (picking from the cat table the cat for the relation)

And showing my form for the cat i had my tabs (basic cat information and shows).

However, it now seems it wont let me create a cat, it tells me some of the form is not filled out correct.
If i remove the join, i can Again create my cats without any problems.

This has worked before - and i cant say it stopped working after my update to 3.3.1. I have just observed it as a problem after the update.

For a second it seemed like it worked if i used an INNER JOIN instead, however it dont.

So what Am i missing - or is there any other way - i can link the 2 tables and get my details shown as i want, and still have the tables "seperate", so my main tables dont have the join when i try to create the cats, which seems to be my issue at the moment.

Looking forward to any suggestions :)6

Did you add a validation to an element of your cat- show list?

As long as you don't unlink the elements in your cat-[catshows] group are linked to their "parent" elements (you can see the leftmost icon in the elements list) and every change in the parent element is valid for the child, too.

So edit the related element in cat-[catshows], check the "unlink" box, remove the validation, save.

Hi Troester

Super - I had seen old posts mentioning validations - and i kept checking my cat table, not the cat show :)
That did the trick - i can now create new cats in my cats table.

But it raises a new question from me :)

If i want to make sure that the cat_id field in the cat_show table isnt empty - what kind of validation should i put on then. (i just had "not empty" validation).

And thank you :)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back