Important: Open uploaded file, edit and save directly in 'upload directory'

Hi,
I have now important for us problem and urgent.

We would like from "edit record" where we have fields: upload-ajax-upload with uploaded files - to have possibility modify uploaded files with external editor and save them directly to this 'window/box'=fields-upload-ajax-upload.

The problem is that we would like not to save edited file at local windows PC directory and next add this file to blue window/box=upload-ajax-uploa but after open file for edition with external editor save it directly to fabrik blue-window/box=upload-ajax-upload.

For one our issue we have to deal with many numbers of files that documenting our marketing works and marketing staff and also my boss need to save time.

We would like also use on form---record-edit option apply+save-as-copy---some-number-of-records, files uploaded in blue-window/box-upload-ajax-upload should be modified and saved with new-name='leave original file for old record and increment new file's name'. So marketing.odt should be saved on copied-record as marketing1.odt and as marketing2.odt on second-copied-record.
Added:
We save our uploaded files for marketing-issue on computer with debian linux on /var/www/cc.joomla/CC-ISO-nasze_pliki/m1/

and i can create access on windows PC via samba to .../CC-ISO-nasze_pliki --- it is directory for all uploaded files on our Joomla+fabrik application - for all issues (not only marketing)
and map this as Z:/
so the path would be: Z:/m1/

Can you write urgent if you can help us with this - write if needed proffessional support for some period?

Attachments

• Zaznaczenie_481.png
    Zaznaczenie_481.png
    82.2 KB · Views: 284
  • Zaznaczenie_482.png
    Zaznaczenie_482.png
    115.4 KB · Views: 283
  • Zaznaczenie_483.png
    Zaznaczenie_483.png
    108.4 KB · Views: 291
Hi,
Can some competent person write me if this is possible - this function and new behavior for form with plugin-upload-with-ajax? Write if this can be possible now or after some period - one month?
It is very important for me to know if i can realise my issue in that way ?

Ah, OK, so what you are asking is if you can edit documents in-place, without going through a "download, edit, resubmit form with new version of upload" cycle.

No, that isn't possible. It's not really a Fabrik issue, just a generic web issue. There are no real solutions that aren't a) proprietary and b) browser / client / server / service dependent.

The only real solution would be for you to use some kind of cloud service for your files which is designed for collaborative "in browser" editing, rather than uploading them via forms. For instance, Google Docs or (I think) Evernote for Business, etc. Then just create links to the pages for those docs in your forms, instead upload elements.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back