Inline real-time filter

combrains

Hi All,

I'm currently in the planning stages for an app that we will use to manage orders for electrical connections for exhibitors at trade shows that we install.

One of the features it must have is the ability for the show office to log faults reported by exhibitors (e.g no power etc). One of the shows we deal with has 1500 connections across 1200 sites for 1000 exhibitors. As you can imagine, using drop-downs for exhibitor names and site numbers is not a viable option at that scale.

Is there a way that I could have Fabrik do a real-time lookup/filter on an input field for, say, a site name when a user is entering the data on a fault log form. For example, if the user began typing "ACME Corp" in the "exhibitor name" field, could I have a drop down appear that would filter as they type?

Another helpful thing to have, would be to have the site number field auto populate based on the exhibitor name entered (assuming I already have the appropriate data relationships in place), or vice versa - have the exhibitor name populate based on the entered Site Number?

Hoping this is clear as mud :)

Thanks for any suggestions

Thanks! It's the only place i didn't look at the options :)
However this affects globally all lists.
The tooltip says that it can be overidden but I don't know how this can happen per list.
By .js per list?

Hmm, there's an option in the dbjoin element (Layout), I assume, this is the one which can be overridden.
But I don't see anything for filter settings. Does setting the global option change the filter behaviour (I didn't test)?

Hmm, there's an option in the dbjoin element (Layout), I assume, this is the one which can be overridden.
But I don't see anything for filter settings. Does setting the global option change the filter behaviour (I didn't test)?

Yes the global setting worked as expected and affected the filter behaviour.
However I cannot find something in the list filter settings to overidde the global.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back