insert a form in a detail page

rtorres

How can i insert a form into a detail page?
I Need to create a custom contact form currently im using a custom detail page, but how can i insert a form so the user can "contact" o "request" information for certain register?

thanks!

Easiest way would be with a {fabrik view=form formid=X} plugin, somewhere like the intro for the details view.

Make sure to enable "process Joomla plugins" in the advanced options.

-- hugh

Hey there! Would it be possible to do the above in an article as well but with the form record being displayed based upon a field within the user record with another user ID for the user record you want displayed?

If I'm understanding what you are asking, probably not without a little custom coding.

Where is the "another user ID" coming from? The query string?

-- hugh

another user ID is a field within the same record (row). Each user record in the table has a partner ID which is what I want to show in the displayed form for the User logged in

Right, but if you are doing this in an article, how are you getting the row to display for the form?

Maybe I misunderstood your question, "Would it be possible to do the above in an article"

If you are displaying an article, I'm assuming you are inserting your detail view using a {fabrik ...} content plugin? And if so, where does the rowid come from, that you would usually get from the option=cpom_fabrik&view=details&rowid=123 on the query string?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back