Issues with autofill on new forms

Hello,

I'm encountering bizarre behaviours with the form autofill plugin. The autofill plugin works fine with my old forms. However, the autofill doesn't load the supposed records when I create a new list, form and elements. Any records added to the form are not saved to the table, even though I get the usual message "records added successfully to the table".

The site is running Joomla 3.10 and Fabrik 3.10.

The autofill code

upload_2023-6-1_11-3-2.png
The Fabrikdebug report

upload_2023-6-1_11-13-32.png

The Developer tools console report: Unchecked xxxx.com runtime.lastError: The message port closed before a response was received.

Thank you for your valuable support.

Thank you for your reply.

I disabled the plugin, and the form doesn't save the records. I still have the successful message but nothing in the table. All the permissions seem fine. :(

However, when I remove that from the menu item, the record is added to the table.

upload_2023-6-1_12-21-6.png

Last edited:
So you can add records via list add and it's only failing if you open the form with form menue?
Rowid -1 will open an existing record if the key matches the logged-in userId and update this one on save, so not creeating a new record in this case.

Does utente_id hold a Joomla userID? How do you set this?

Ok, ;)I understand now why the form can't work with Rowid -1. The user filling out the form is registered and has a userID. What should I do to get the form prepopulated with his name and email when he opens the form?

Set element defaults
{$my->name}
{$my->email}
{$my->id} for utende_id, or make utende_id a user element

Thank you. Now the form is displaying the name of the user, but the field email has disappeared, and the records saved is not completed. The list doesn't display the name of the user.

It depends on what you want.
Should the user be able to edit the information: Use editable fields with element defaults
Do you only want to display the info: Use readonly elements with defaults or database join to #_user (multiple or one with concats) with default or user elements...

The user should not edit the form. The user should only complete some fields left to edit (I have used the access permissions for that). However, the staff checking the table should see the user's name, email and what fields the user has completed. The form displays the name at this point. However, the email displays in the table, but the name of the user doesn't display. The name of the user is needed because the prefilled form is sent to the user as a pdf.

Last edited:
Your 'name' field is a databasejoin. Pulling from where, from #_users?
You can use a user element instead

Yes, the name's field is a databasejoin pulling from the #_users. The element user plugin is already set in this way. I have set the name element as a user and unpublished the databasejoin element, and unpublished the form autofill plugins. It is now working fine.

Thank you very much for your valuable support.

Attachments

• upload_2023-6-1_16-10-49.png
    upload_2023-6-1_16-10-49.png
    35 KB · Views: 23
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back