JSON in database

winchester

Hi.

Is it possible to store the input from multiple field/elements in JSON format into the database like Joomla does?

If it is possible, can you please tell me how to do it, please?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Winchester

Not sure what you mean.

-- hugh

Thanks for your reply. I am very new to Fabrik and I'm just learning my way around the extension. So far, it's been difficult to find proper answers.

Ok, this is what I wanted: On the form, I have a textarea in which the user is asked to make a list of things. Only the detail page, I want that listed items to be displayed in a list (not a line of words) and so I thought that JSON could work to store the data/list of items to the database.

I'm thinking this wouldn't be necessary in JSON format. I'm now thinking that it would be better to save it to a textbox with the listed items comma separated. I think it would be easier to format it into a list (unordered list) when pulling it from the database instead.

Now, my question is, after setting up the element/field, how would I be able to format it... Keep in mind that I don't yet know where to do what, so you will have to tell me where to go to do what..

Thank you in advance.
Wincehster

What is this "list of things", are the "things" predefined? Maybe you can use a checkbox element or a databasejoin rendered as checkbox?

Or a repeat group with a simple field element.

With those elements you can handle "list items" directly without having to manipulate unstructured strings.

Ok.. It's a survey for public beaches. One of the question asks, "What other activities do you offer?". We expect answers like:
----
Water Sports
Beach Volleyball
Beach Parties
Live Performances
----

I could give instructions that they use a comma to separate each activity or, if it's a textarea, then each activity in a new line.

My question is, which is the easier way yo go about it, how do I do this and is there any special settings or scripts to get it done.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back