Language file typo

Bauer

If someone with access to a global search and replace utility at github would like to fix the annoying display of COM_FABRIK_INCLUDE_CALCULATIONS (e.g. in the CSV import front-end popup configuration form)...

Every ./components/com_fabrik/language/* file for *.com_fabrik.ini and *.com_fabrik.sys.ini has this typo...
COM_FABRIK_INLCUDE_CALCULATIONS
Which should be...
COM_FABRIK_INCLUDE_CALCULATIONS

I call these 'dyslexic fingers' typos - and it is a very common problem for me.:oops:

If you really want to nitpick, a similar typo is in ./administrator/components/com_fabrik/language/*/*.com_fabrik.ini

e.g. (line 1314 in en-GB.com.fabrik.ini)
COM_FABRIK_SPECIFY_ELEMENTS_IN_DETAILS_FILTERS="Note: only fields selected in details->filters->elements will be inlcuded in the Joomla search"

Anyhow, it sounds like a global CASE SENSITIVE search and replace for
COM_FABRIK_INLCUDE_CALCULATIONS - replaced with - COM_FABRIK_INCLUDE_CALCULATIONS
...and for ...
inlcuded - replaced with - included
would do the trick.

I also came across and fixed a en-GB language file that had all French (or was it Spanish?) translations - but now that I want to post a notice about that I can't remember what file that was - sorry.:(

I've fixed the COM_FABRIK_INLCUDE_CALCULATIONS, globally.

Haven't fixed the minor language typo, as changing the en-GB translation will reset all the other translations in Transifex back to Britlish. So unless it's a significant typo that could seriously affect meaning (like "The ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal often makes a very good meal for visiting tourists" instead of "of visiting tourists"), I tend to prefer to leave them be.

-- hugh

I've fixed the COM_FABRIK_INLCUDE_CALCULATIONS, globally.

Haven't fixed the minor language typo, as changing the en-GB translation will reset all the other translations in Transifex back to Britlish. So unless it's a significant typo that could seriously affect meaning (like "The ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal often makes a very good meal for visiting tourists" instead of "of visiting tourists"), I tend to prefer to leave them be.

-- hugh
Thanks.
What is weird about the other typo...
COM_FABRIK_SPECIFY_ELEMENTS_IN_DETAILS_FILTERS="Note: only fields selected in details->filters->elements will be inlcuded in the Joomla search"
...is that in every other language file but en-GB, it looks like that line is already remmed out (starts with a ; )

I just thought I'd mention it, as I came across it while trying to find the extent of the other misspelling of include in the global you just fixed.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back