• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Link list plugin placeholder not working

boyjah

I have created a link for a list using the Link List plugin. I want this link to go to the Community Builder profile for each item on the list.

This is the text that I have put into the link text box:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=userprofile&user={y2vfp_fab_hosts___user_id}&Itemid=111&lang=en

I copied y2vfp_fab_hosts___user_id directly from the elements page for that element.

But when the link button is clicked, this is what the URL looks like:
https://www.wwoofjapan.com/home/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=userprofile&user={y2vfp_fab_hosts___user_id}&Itemid=111&lang=en

As you can see, the placeholder is still just the placeholder text and has not been replaced.

Any advice?

1. Are you sure that y2vfp_fab_hosts is this list/table?

2. What element type is user_id? Have you tried appending _raw to the placeholder?

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I can verify that it is in that table. Under the data tab for that list, that is the database table shown.

I tried appending the placeholder with _raw, but it did not change. The result was still the actual placeholder in the link URL instead of the substituted value

I got the idea to try using other fields from the y2vfp_fab_hosts data table for the placeholder, just to see what would happen. I discovered that some of the fields would be translated into data (they did not make viable URL links, but at least they were translated into data values) while others only showed the placeholder in the URL.

Next, I looked for some pattern that might distinguish between those fields that worked as placeholder and those that did not. I discovered that it was based on the Group that those elements were contained in. I moved the element user_id to a different group and...it worked.

This form/list has 5 groups. They all have the exact same settings. Moving the element user_id to each different group and then testing the placeholder, I found that, in 2 groups the placeholder is not translated. In the other 3 groups, it is. I don't understand why that is, but by moving the element that is needed for the URL to a different group, I was able to get the page link working. So, I guess this thread can be considered "solved", although I would be interested to know why Groups have an effect on using placeholders in this plugin.

Now I just need the link to open in a new window. Setting a link as a Fabrik Link and enabling Ajaxify links opens a useless window, but I will make a different post about that.

Thanks for sharing, it sounds strange.
Do you have any access restrictions in your groups? Or different element access settings or "show in list" settings?

I did not change anything about the user_id element except to move it to different groups. Each group has identical access settings (public). The element user_id is a hidden field that does not show in list.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back