Link to Form from Related Data List View

hdmann

Hi All! Have been playing with Fabrik for about a week now and so far loving it. A bit of a learning curve but well worth the effort I think!

Anyway - I'm stumped on how to link from the related data list view to a form.

What I have is a list called Trails. In it I have a repeatable join to Walks (plus others, but for simplicity's sake..). When I show the Trails list on the front end I get a list of Trails. I can then click on the view button for one of those Trails and it will show me the Trail, plus a list of Walks associated with that Trail. Great!

What I would like to be able to do is then be able to click on a view or edit button for each Walk in the list.

Any pointers would be most appreciated!

Heather

Hmmm not sure if I understood what you need. But I guess you could use:
  • Form > Options > Show related data links.
  • List > Data > Related data > Link to list
Of course you would need a databasejoin element to make a connection between the two forms.

Thanks - neither of those seems to effect the list that's created with the Join. Of course I could be doing something wrong - I am new at this - but I've used those for other instances (where the list wasn't created by a join) and they've worked fine so...

I did manage a workaround. On the Walk Name field I put a Custom Link like this - http://walking.rocks/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&formid=35&rowid={Walks___walk_id} - which works to open up the walk in edit mode. I know I can change that to http://walking.rocks/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=details&formid=35&rowid={Walks___walk_id} to open the link in view mode. Problem is I want both - and I want the edit mode to only be accessible by Super Users.

Ideally I would like the same View and Edit icons as for other lists so I can use the built in Access control.

Hmmm...
Yeah I see. The way I was suggesting, users would need one more click. The datas of two lists would be linked but not in the same view.
It would be something like this image, where Nome (Ana Paula de Barcellos) would be the trails and Atividades would be the walks. So they would see the number of walks in the page and had to click in the (3) walks link to see they listed and click to view or edit, depending of the access level. In this case, you would have two different forms.

subforms.png

But I guess something more simple maybe could help you.

Since you are using repeteable group for walks, maybe you could set the list settings for List > Data > Joins > Display mode: merge rows.
Then in the element "walk" you could set "link to details" and set access level to edit those related data only by Super Users.
So if the user click in the link of the walk, if it's a Super User, it will open the form to edit. If it is not, they will just see data.

I didn't do this in Joomla 3.x yet. All my examples are from Joomla 2.5 so I'm not sure about the buttons' behavior. It has to be tested.
But it would be something like that:

permuta.png

Where "Nome" (xxx de Oliveira) would be the trail and Cidade Destino (in this case, all Brasilia) would be the walks linked to form.
As I said, not sure about buttons.

Thanks Ana! That's very helpful. Setting the access on the related data might just work. Off to try and will report back.

That works! It would be great to get the normal view/edit icons but I can live with this solution if that's not possible.

Thanks so much for your help Ana!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back