List Delete Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

achartier

Administrator
Staff member
On my fullcalender list I want to allow the user who created the record the rights to delete it, but I also want the managers of the visualization the rights to delete. I have set the delete access to Signup_Managers_AL and the "or userID" field to UserID (which is a userid field in the row) but only those with the AL rights see the delete button.

This not how it works for edit mode. I have it configured the same way, edit access is Signup_Managers_AL and the "or user ID" set to the userID field and both the user and the managers see the edit button.

Any reason these two operations act differently?

Hmmm. Not that I can think of. I just tested here and it all works as expected.

Which site / list?

-- hugh

It's the alg test site, login credentials are the same. I am using the Security Signups list which goes onto the calendar vis.

remember to shrink the screen for front end login.

The fabrik user has both admin and signup_al rights so should see the delete. The fabrik-a user (password fabrik) is a plain user. Either can create events but the fabrik-a should also see delete for his own events.

I haven't forgotten about this, I just haven't been able to connect. It uses ddns, so I'm guessing that's a local server at your house. I had this problem when I first accessed it, but it started answering at some point.

-- hugh

Well drats, I myself forgot about it and had paused the virtual machine. The Skype client has some sort of memory loss issue and if I leave it running too long it locks up the machine.

It is back up now but I have not started Skype.

Try now. I copied the VM so I had a version that was not a clone of my production site but the copy stole the IP address and the IP address of the target VM changed. The port forward should work now.

Seems to be working the way it's configured to. "Members_Group" is a member of "Members AL" access level, which has edit and delete, the user 'fabrik-b' is a member of "Members_Group", so has edit and delete access.

-- hugh

Here I fall on my sword. Again, due to the elapsed time I had been testing something else and had reverted the access groups to member when what I wanted was signup. The fabrik-b user is not part of signup. If you go back in now you will see that the access for edit and delete is Signup_group and I have set the or to userID. The edit button shows but the delete does not.

Sorry for all the wasted time.

Looked again, seems to be working as set up. I added a row, and I have edit and delete for that row.

-- hugh

Yes, but you added it as fabrik not fabrik-b. Fabrik is part of the signup group but fabrik-b is not. Fabrik-b however should have delete access to his own signups. You can see the row in Jan that I added for fabrik-b (fabrik user). Log in as user fabrik-b and you will see what I mean.

Are you sure you logged into the front end as fabrik-b? When I log in under this ID I do not get the delete button on the popup. A cache issue perhaps?

Ah, "popup", you mean on the calendar itself. I've only looked at the list, haven't looked at the calendar.

-- hugh

Oh crap. I solved the problem. I hadn't included the row data in the canDelete call. It is working now. I will PR the change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back