List Order plugin not working when data is grouped

juuser

Hello,

I'm making a work task planning list which is grouped by machine number. Unfortunately list order plugin does not work when data is grouped. I need to achieve something like in the attachment. Batch end time would be calculated with calc element according to row order number.

Is there some alternative method i could use? If not, would it be possible to implement row ordering on grouped data (maybe commercially if not otherwise)? I desperately need this, because I was stupid enought to already promise i could do this.

Thanks! :)

Attachments

• list.png
    list.png
    8 KB · Views: 436
hi is this for 3.0 as we really wont be adding new features to 3.0, if it was for 3.1 then I would consider doing it

Hi Rob! Thanks for a quick answer. I understand that you are not adding new features to 3.0. I'm planning to migrate to 3.1 in the nearest future, so it would help a lot if the feature would be in 3.1. Thanks!

I added a first stab at this yesterday whilst trying to work out if it was even possible. Reordering is limited to each grouped data set, and I am not at all sure what happens with larger data sets where the grouped data is split over two pages.... but the changes are in github if you want to test

no I only did it for fabirk 3.2. We aren't adding new features to 3.0 any more

If you were using fabrik 3.1 or 3.2, then its the joomla3 branch that you need from github

For the 3.0 to 3.2 update, I ***strongly*** recommend using something like Akeeba to clone your site to a sandbox (test site), and test out upgrading J! and Fabrik there first. DO NOT attempt it on a live site.

I'm sure this is what you are planning to do, but I just wanted to make sure.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back