List Order Plugin Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

rackem

I am using the List Order Plugin to create a manual "ranking" system and have a couple of questions.

Basically, my list is a set of people names and some "admin" users will manually re-order the list when appropriate. The order plugin is set to my "Rank" element and appears to be functioning properly.

1. When I drag a row to set a new order, the "Rank" value does not change. I need to refresh the page for it to update. It doesn't matter if my list is set to Ajaxify or not (I have it set to Ajaxify). Is this intended behavior or a bug? Seems to me this should update right away after a row is moved.

2. I want to track which "admin" made the last change to a record. I have a User element set to "update on change". This works great when the record is edited but I am wondering if it could also update when the list is re-ordered so I know who last changed the rank. Is this possible?

No, sorry if my explanation was confusing. My rank element is just a plain old field element set to integer. The order plugin uses that field as the "order element". Attached is a picture of my Order plugin settings. Here is a link to my list, you actually need to be logged in as a "power user" to use the order functionality but perhaps it will help to understand the purpose.

http://www.mypoolstats.com/index.php/wi-player-ranking/list/14

Attachments

• order plugin settings.jpg
    order plugin settings.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 306
This project has taken another direction and the List Order Plugin will no longer be needed so I am closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back