Lost all Fabrik DB records

Mustafa_s

Hi Guys,

The strangest thing happened, all my (300 or so) records in my Fabrik DB was empty today. I had to restore form a backup from last night to access my records. I was able to add more records after my restore.

I have no idea what happened. My Joomla install was still working OK, all my Fabrik forms and views were OK as well. But what was not OK was that all my records within the Fabrik DB were nuked.

How can I get to the bottom of what caused this? Absolutely NOTHING changed in my Joomla and Fabrik configuration, the last time a change had been made was months ago. Everything was working fine up until this morning. No user has access to delete records (with the exception of 2 users who have confirmed to not deleting anything).

I'm just worried this may happen again, how can I monitor the Fabrik DB table to see what is causing the deletion of all my records!?

Fabrik version : 3.3.1
Joomla version: 3.4

First of all create an access level e.g. 'nobody', assigned to no user group and use it for 'Empty' access in all your lists

gesendet mit Tapatalk

troester,

I already have a DELETE group associated to a DELETE access level. I have 2 users in this DELETE group, myself and another user. I did not delete any records, the other uses says he did not either. To rule out any issues, should I remove myself and that user from the DELETE group? We don't really need delete access anyways.

What do you think?

troester,

I removed myself and the other only user from the DELETE group, nobody should have access to delete all records now.

Is there anything else I can try or monitor?

Thank you.

main point is not which group/ access level you are belonging to but which access levels are set in list's Delete and Empty access.

gesendet mit Tapatalk

troester,

Understood. Well right now nobody can delete since nobody are in the groups where delete/empty are set.

Is there anything else I should monitor as to why all the records would be deleted?

troester,

I have Delete joined data set to No.

I don't believe the website is hacked nor do I have any custom scripts running.

It's really all too strange, and somewhat worrisome.

I've never seen this happen for any reason other than someone accidentally hit the "Empty" button on a list, or fat fingered something in a database client like phpMyAdmin.

Do you have CSV import enabled for anyone?

-- hugh

hugh,

Thank you for the feedback.

I'm the only user (super user) that has import/export enabled. I'm the only super user, I was not logged in when this issue occurred so I know it was not me.Nobody but me has access to the phpMyAdmin, I wasn't logged into phpMyAdmin when this occurred. In fact, I never really login, the application had been working fine for weeks before this incident.

I can't seem to find any traces of mishap or wrong doing either. I'm so puzzled. I need to provide SITREP to the client, but I'm not sure what to write.

I'm somewhat comforting knowing you've never seen this happen before.

Thanks.

the last time a change had been made was months ago
Make sure to have always the last versions of Joomla and every component/plugin you are using.
J!3.4.3 (was a security release), Fabrik3.3.2, etc.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back