$my->id not working in prefilter

chris.paschen

Chris Paschen
I'm trying to use a simple pre-filter on a menu item to display a list of the user's items from a table.

In the menu item prefilter I have:

OR
Elements: UserID (name of field containing id of users' records)
Condition: Equals
Value: {$my->id}
Type: Eval
Access: Public

However, when I try to use this menu item from the front-end I get the following error:

0 syntax error, unexpected end of file

I have also tried changing the Value to:
'{$my->id}'

With same results.

Are these placeholders not available in the menu item prefilter area?
Or is there some other issue?

Running:
J! 3.6.5
Fabrik 3.5.2, Github as of 2017-02-06
PHP 7.x

"eval" expects real php code such as "return '{$my->id}';"
you should use "text"

Thanks. I tried changing that to text (and also used real PHP code version).
However then I didn't get an error; however, it was not returning any results.

After doing quite a bit more testing, I found that as long as I have the element's OPTIONS | USER DATA set to "Name" it won't find a match. I have to switch it to ID.
However, I need to have that set to "Name" for display purposes in other locations of my site.
In the past I had the option to select <fieldname>(raw) in the menu pre-filters; however that didn't appear for me.
After tracking it down, I found that on the specific element in LIST VIEW SETTINGS | FILTERS | FILTER DATA it must be set to 'Show all' to be able to select the 'raw' data in the pre-filter.
(Hope that helps someone with similar issues in the future)

After doing quite a bit more testing, I found that as long as I have the element's OPTIONS | USER DATA set to "Name" it won't find a match. I have to switch it to ID.

In the pre-filter, for the "Field", are you selecting "UserID" or "UserID (raw)"?

To match against {$my->id}, you have to select the "(raw)" option. The user element is just a special case of a join element, so has the concept of the "raw" value (the join key) or non-raw (the join label). In this case, the raw value (key) for the user element is the user id, and the non-raw (label) is whatever you are displaying (name, username, etc).

-- hugh

That was the strange thing. The "(raw)" option didn't appear in the pre-filter until I went to the LIST VIEW SETTINGS \ FILTERS | FILTER DATA for the element and set it to 'Show all'.

I though that "Show all" was the default. Either that changed somewhere in the updates for Fabrik OR somebody else went in and changed it for this element before I started working with it.

I found this worked !
pre-filters AND element 'X' condition> EQUALS
value return'{$my->name}'; Type > Eval

so logged in users only see in a list, forms assigned to them via element 'X'

It's best to use user IDs, not names, because names can change.

And you shouldn't have to use eval, type 'text' with just {$my->id} (or whatever) should work.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back