• New Commercial Services Section

We have now opened a commercial services section here on the forum. If you have a Fabrik project that you wish to have someone work on for you, post it under Help Wanted. If you are an application developer and wish to earn some money helping others, post your details under Fabrik Application Developers.

Both of these are unmoderated. It will be up to both parties to work out the details and come to an agreement.

nvd3 plugin download - Please help!

Bez

Hi there,

I am back after seven years in this forum.
Can anyone please tell me where do I quickly download plugin for nvd3 as it is not showing in the dropdownlist of the Plugins for charts?

In addition, is there any quick link with some simple videos where I could quickly learn to implement some quick and simple charts in tables ...

Many thanks in advance,
Bez.

The nvd3 viz is very much "work in progress". I don't think we actually have an inatllation ZIP for it yet. So you'll need to do a github update, then "discover" and install it through the J! extension manager. Not sure if we have any videos for it.

If what you want is truly quick and simple charts, you may be better off using the Fusion Charts viz. Although that uses Flash (unless you have the paid version of Fusion Charts itself), so may not quite your requirements, like if you need mobile display.

What kind of charts are you needing to display?

-- hugh

As Cheesegrits wrote, this plugin is only available on GitHub and it's indeed WIP.
Although you have a dropdown to choose different chart types, only bar charts are implemented.
However I managed to modify the plugin and can now draw pie and (multi)line charts. You can see examples here (pie chart) and here (line chart).
If you need to render other types of chart, you can contact me for an offer to do so.

The Fusion charts plugin Cheesegrits mentionned is working "out of the box" but since it produces Flash charts, they won't render on any iOS device, unlike the nvd3 ones.

Thanks Cheesegrits and jfquestiaux,

I managed to do charts via Fusion Charts.

Cheers,
Bez

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back