One list - two views - one "group by"

rgreen

Trying to figure out how to create two separate list views of a single list. One having "group by" data and the other without the group by. Because while I see how to turn on the grouping on the source "list" I don't see the option on the fabrik module or fabrik menu. Also how do you turn the group labels on and off?

Thanks!
rg

You can copy your list (will give you a new set list/form/group/elements on the same underlying DB table).

Thank you.
It's now a bit more complicated. Our database consists of a main photo (keyart) along with other data including the country the photo was shot. We have set up a a list to show the keyart only and the list is displayed in a 4 x 10 grid. The grouping is to allow us to show a row of photos from Germany and France etc. So we want to show:

Germany
German photo, German photo, German photo, German photo

France
French photo, French photo, French photo, French photo

etc

I figured out the grouping, its the displaying the country label before the row and limiting the records to 4 per country that is a challenge. And if there were only 2 keyart for a country it would need to show those 2 keyart (versus 2 plus 2 from another country).

Thanks in advance!

You may need build a custom template, probaby using the 'div' template as a starting point. I can't really think of away of limiting the group size like that, unless there's some way of doing it with a pre-filter, but I'm having problems trying to think of how to do it that way.

-- hugh

thanks Hugh.
I ended up creating 5 layout positions stacked on top of each other so the layout will show 4 across and 5 down. Each position has a fabrik list module with a different country pre-filter and a record limit (4). Not ideal but will work! thanks again.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back