php v7.2

skyrun

has fabrik been tested on php v7.2(.9)?

seems to be functioning well in my limited testing of it, but was wondering if fabrik supports php 7.2 officially.

my users and i started getting a notification on our joomla main page about needing 7.x even though we are on php 7.0 and saying support for 7.0.31 ends on 9/3. ( i checked and php 7.0 support ends dec 3.) but in any case, that prompted me to start working on testing 7.2.

SIDE NOTE: you can disable the 'php version' (and 'joomla version' for that matter) plugins to remove that warning message from your users. i leave it on for my site so i know, but don't want my users to see that.

I've been running 7.2 for a few months now on my main dev box, and I think I've ironed out all the 7.2 related wrinkles.

So yes, 7.2 is now the "official" version I develop against.

-- hugh

Today I rolled my site to php 7.2 (was 7.0). Immediately all my sites when down.
No useful error information. I load the home page and just get one word "Error" on the web page.

I'll contact my hosting supplier as well - Rochen - and see what they say.
I rolled it back to 7.0 and they all came right back.

Note my dev site was on latest Joomla, latest Fabrik. All up to date.

Just an FYI at this point.

Bob

my sites are all on php 7.2 with joomla 3.8.15 or 3.9 and they all work. latest fabrik, but it has been working for awhile on not the latest wrt fabrik.

so i don't think your issue is fabrik-related.

Yup, I don't think it has anything to do with Fabrik and 7.2. As well as running 7.2 on my main dev site, I run it on a number of production sites.

-- hugh

"Error" is ringing a bell.
Check your PHP options related to mysql, myslqi, pdo...

Yep - it was a missing module selected. Reset the selected modules by hitting "default" and it fixed it. All copacetic now.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back