Problem exporting to PDF

jo-ka

Hello.
When trying to save to PDF on a list, it comes an error that states:

The file does not start with '%PDF-'
local\EWH!1j!){oo...

Any help?

can you post the pdf file please? It sounds like the browser is outputting something before the start of the pdf content when the download is triggered.

Can you try bumping up error reporting in your J! global config to maximum, see if it tosses a PHP error or warning when you hit the button.

-- hugh

We made some changes to the PDF code a day or two ago. Can you see if the latest github code makes any difference to this error?

-- hugh

We made some changes to the PDF code a day or two ago. Can you see if the latest github code makes any difference to this error?

-- hugh

Well, nothing new... Downloaded the updates from github, and after i've made the procedures described in wiki...

I'll send you both the login details by PM.

Regards...

i couldnt log into the admin with the username you posted.
Can I double check you have a folder /libraries/dompdf in your site?

Can you confirm that in fabrik's global configuration you have debugging->debug pdf = "off"

-Rob

i couldnt log into the admin with the username you posted.
Can I double check you have a folder /libraries/dompdf in your site?

Can you confirm that in fabrik's global configuration you have debugging->debug pdf = "off"

-Rob

Dear Rob, sorry, my mistake not setting that user as an administrator.
Did you tried to export the PDF in front page?

But... WTF!!!

I checked that option as you mentioned... it was selected to NO.
Then, i tryed to set it to YES an the site become all broke.
After, i've set it back to NO and suddenly it started working...

Can you please try again and check?

Best regards...

I was able to generate a PDF from that link you sent earlier.

-- hugh

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    649.8 KB · Views: 342
Oooops, just noticed I left your URL exposed in that screenshot. Let me know if you want me to zap that pic.

-- hugh

OK, thanks a lot. There's no need to zap the address, it is currently under development..

Do you have an ideia why the "hell" this has been solved by setting the PDF degub to on and then put it back to off???

Flicking through the code suggests that shouldn't have happened ..... So maybe pretend that it didn't. :)

I'm sure there is an explanation but without knowing the exact sequence of events it's hard to say. It may have been a blip in your settings between Github releases or something like that.

Do you have an ideia why the "hell" this has been solved by setting the PDF degub to on and then put it back to off
Perhaps if you had never saved the global config since that option was added, there might have been a mismatch between the default value that we use if one wasn't recorded for that option and the default shown in the config.

Ahhh, that makes sense, because i've never checked that option before.
OK, thanks for the solution again.
Case dismissed.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back