Problem w/ autocomplete on Android phone browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

rackem

Was there a change recently to the dbjoin element rendered as an autocomplete? For some reason the list of autocomplete suggestions no longer displays when using an Android phone. Also the date picker icon for a date-time element is not selectable. So there is no way to ever make a selection. I know for a fact it worked great before as I used it extensively.

I was playing around with it today and was having the same problem with the autocomple in Chrome, Firefox, and IE but somehow those problems fixed themselves. ??? I thought I saw an error with Mootools but like I said these 3 are working fine now.

Has anyone else noticed this or can confirm the behavior on an Android phone? Any ideas for troubleshooting? Perhaps there was a browser update that broke the site's JS? I tried clearing cache (browser and my site), logging out and back in, and a "magic" restart.

It works on Chrome on my Nexus 7 on Jelly Bean.

Working on testing from my phone with the vanilla Android browser (which is disabled in Jelly Bean), on Cyanogenmod 7.2 (Gingerbread). Just having issues getting my server name in to the hosts file (don't ask) after a phone rebuild the other day.

-- hugh

Hmm, still no luck on my Motorola Electrify running the default brower on Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread). I know this worked before updating to Fabrik 3.0.6 but can't say at exactly what point.

I can type in the field for my dbjoin just fine. However most times the list of suggestions does not appear. A couple of times, a garbled something appears but it only shows a few characters and nothing is selectable.

I will PM you a link, login, and instructions if you would like to try it on my site.

Yeah, Skype me a link to your page.

I'm not entirely sure how much debugging I can do on this right now, but I'll take a look and see if it's anything obvious.

-- hugh

Sorry I won't have access to Skype for some time but I did PM you info. Thanks for looking into this, I was pretty bummed when it stopped working as mobile access is really useful for my site. :(

Yeah, you'll need to bump it when I get back, after the 21st, as my Android phone doesn't work in the UK.

-- hugh

*friendly bump*

Just getting back from a vacation as well. Updated from Github and issue still present.

Tested on my Samsung Galaxy Tab with default Android browser, also using Google Nexus S..work fine, see attached image :)

Attachments

• android.jpg
    android.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 285
That is a good distinction; I can confirm it works properly for autocomplete list filters. The issue is only present when editing data in the form view.

I am really confused. :( Sales2010, I have sent you a PM - would you see if my form works on your phone?

it's all fine for both add/edit, see attached files :)

Attachments

• venue.jpg
    venue.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 305
  • date.jpg
    date.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 295
If you want me to test it on Jelly Bean, I can try with my spanky new Nexus 7 tablet. :)

Just PM or Skype me the URL(s). Skype preferred.

-- hugh

Per Skype discussion with Hugh, this appears to be a compatibility issue with the Android 2.3.5 browser. Troubleshooting is very difficult on older version mobile devices. Switching to a different browser app appears to solve the issue. As this Android browser is already quite old, it was decided to put this issue to rest. So closing this thread.

Just to wrap this one up, I tested in Chrome (which is now the default browser in Android as of Jelly Bean) on my Nexus 7 and it works well. It also works in the Firefox Beta for Jelly Bean.

I wish I could work out what the issue is with the older 2.x versions of Android, but debugging JavaScript in the old browser is almost impossible, and unfortunately I just don't have the time to support old mobile browsers. It's hard enough just keeping up with the latest and greatest.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back