Rating Element is really working on J! 3.4.8?

gscualo

Hi All.

I've just installed and implemented Fabrik's Rating Element on J! 3.4.8 successfully. I've started a main List, and everything's ok creating all the its elements, however when I try to Add a Record on my core list by the View Data option I am receiving this persistent message:

1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') GROUP BY row_id' at line 3 SQL=SELECT row_id, AVG(rating) AS r, COUNT(rating) AS total FROM uh46v_fabrik_ratings WHERE rating <> -1 AND listid = 2 AND formid = 2 AND element_id = 15 AND row_id IN () GROUP BY row_id

I've tried to recreate the element, but I can't go further no matter the rating mode to be used. In a matter of fact I am testing it, so I am not doing great modifications on its default settings.

I do appreciate any suggestion in order to fix this issue please.

Thanks in advance!.

OK, never mind about the PK thing, I just noticed how this happens on creating a new form. That github update should fix it.

-- hugh

OK, never mind about the PK thing, I just noticed how this happens on creating a new form. That github update should fix it.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh.

Thanks for the workaround, and I am confirming that replacing code on rating.php file worked.

JFR, even thou I have error message adding data on my List under the "View data" option, I am founding this message for the Rating field:

"Rating will be enabled once the form has been saved".

As soon as I populated the rest of the fields, and saved the record, the rating starts are visible on the main table and they can be edited, however it would be nice to do so during the data insertion for each record.

Thanks again for your help man!.

The element can't be rated until the form it is on has been created, as it's a chicken and egg thing. The ratings are stored in a separate table, in a one-to-many relationship, which stores the formid and rowid of the form each rating "belongs" to (see #_fabrik_ratings table, which also stores the userid, elementid and listid, as well as the actual rating). And prior to initially saving your form, the rowid doesn't exist (there is no row for the form until it has been saved).

-- hugh

Hugh, just as a reference I just found this video about Fabrik, and among everything the guy is using the rating element normally.

So I wonder if I can use this feature as this video shows. If so I will be using Fabrik from now on.

I'll appreciate your thoughts once again.

Cheers!.

We notices some time after that video was recorded that the 'creator' mode wasn't really working. Making it work properly when creating the form is something I've been working on as a background task. I had another hack at it this evening, try it out and let me know.

You'll need to do a full github update to get the new code.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back