• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

[Resolved]Image in Form drops on edit

Status
Not open for further replies.

mygunfriday

I'm using a fileupload element to have members upload a profile image.
The problem is that if they edit their profile - any aspect, even if they just look at it and press Save, the image is dropped from the record. Unless they check their profile to see the image, they won't realize it's been dropped. If they go into their profile and upload an image it will be added, but again, if they open it to edit while the image is showing, the image will be dropped.

So basically, if there is no image, the element works as expected. If the image exists, it displays as expected. If the user opens the form with the image (which displays) the image will be lost on save. It's as if the form requires an image be uploaded - it doesn't keep the existing image once saved.

A bit wordy, but I wanted to be clear about the issue. I've played around with the settings. Confirmed that I have GD running. Tried different templates. Refreshed the cache at various times while playing with the settings and templates. I've also updated to yesterdays's github.

I'm out of idea's. Any suggestions?
Pic of my current settings are attached: profile_pic_fabrik_settings.png

hi Jeremy

I replicated a fileupload element as per your screen image, but couldn't replicate it :( (todays github, but I don't see anything since friday that would affect this issue)
Your site info in 'my sites' seems out of date (couldn't see a web site at the address you gave) so I couldn't try to see what else might be causing this issue. Could you update that with the url to the list/form in question and I'll take a look

-Rob

getting an error now....
Code:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in /home/monlynde/public_html/carladypro.com/plugins/system/sourcerer/helper.php(464) : runtime-created function on line 7

Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /home/monlynde/public_html/carladypro.com/plugins/system/sourcerer/helper.php on line 469

Hi Rob,

Bad timing - I'm messing with some code in the footer and it's causing that error.

I've disabled it - I'll get it working offline first. You can get in now.

Does your form use the rowid=-1 / usekey thing on the Menu item?

I've seen a couple of people with this issue, but haven't managed to replicate it yet.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,
Yes. In fact, I'm sure it was working before and I've been developing other forms and tables etc. and came back to find it no longer working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back