Saving master data blocked by detail validation

I have a master/detail relationship case to activities . I show the details as a "table" in detail view of the case view. Working fine. There are two detail rows/records.
Then I need to changed some data in master case form ( no details show up because not part of the form). Changing no data and SAVE.

Debug data Before SAVE event date from database field:
[d6zoe_activities___eventdate] => Array
(
[0] => 2013-01-01 00:00:00
[1] => 2015-01-01 00:00:00
)

[d6zoe_activities___eventdate_raw] => Array
(
[0] => 2013-01-01 00:00:00
[1] => 2015-01-01 00:00:00
)

Debud data After trying to SAVE:
(
[0] =>
[1] =>
)

I have validation "notempty" on And I get validation error:

(
[0] => Array
(
[0] => Validation failed
)

[1] => Array
(
[0] => Validation failed
)

)

Why is that? There is no reason the detail data should be validated in the form because they are not part of it and should not be saved.
If I disable the validation on d6zoe_activities___eventdate it works of course.
---------

The same as in your other thread:
what is your exact setup (list, form, groups, elements).

A validation is not "on d6zoe_activities___eventdate" but on an element (depending on your setup there may be multiple elements with full name d6zoe_activities___eventdate)
I show the details as a "table" in detail view
How?
no details show up because not part of the form
Why not if they are included in your details view?

Well , I was surprised that d6zoe_activities___eventdate showed up in master data . d6zoe_activities___eventdate belongs to detail data and the joined group is set to only show in detail view ("show group" set to "detail view only"). We are not intrested to "clutter" the master form with detail data in the form bottom ( too much). Detail data is to be added in its own form.

As you noted there is a possible "connection" to the other reported case. I have tested the case very little again ( not debugging) and it seems that the problem is gone.
Sorry to disturb.

I can replicate that elements in hidden groups are validated.

But why do you validate such an element which isn't shown in the form?

Back