search problems

rtorres

I`ve been testing and configuring: advanced search, extended search, and filter by an element (with autocomplete feature) the results are shown on a google map visualization and on a list view

a) Which of the 3 options is the best if I need to search records, using ?all of the words? no matter in which order they appear on the record, (with the problems that come with the users writing anything they want like ?articles or prepositions? such as ?on? ?it? ?the? etc? )

For this ... ? How can i Remove or strip words from the search terms? like prepositions and articles? (in, the, at, on, etc..) in advanced search

B.How can i Remove elements from the extended search (i dont need the users to be able to use them all)? I only need them to search in one field. and also remove "articles or prepositions", I found this filter useful if the user wants to add more than one filter for the same element

c) If a use one element as a filter (a text element) I can use several words to look for and the best is the autocomplete feature,at the same time the user is discarding or adding words.... but I cannot use the condition ?all the words? (like the advanced search) because it will return no results..

Is there another approach to resolve this problem? (configure the best search)

thanks!

Last edited:
this is the new one, i was mixing topics... and wanted to explain you better...

Last edited:
For this ... ? How can i Remove or strip words from the search terms? like prepositions and articles? (in, the, at, on, etc..) in advanced search

As per my response on another thread about this, I committed some changes that should fix the issue with short words, when doing the extended search all (boolean full text search). It'll just strip anything shorter than MySQL's currently configured full text min word length.

B.How can i Remove elements from the extended search (i dont need the users to be able to use them all)? I only need them to search in one field. and also remove "articles or prepositions", I found this filter useful if the user wants to add more than one filter for the same element

You select the elements you want to be part of "search all" using the "Elements" setting just below that in the options.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back