Show a group in form edit but not form add

DickTracy

(Thought I'd better pay up rather than keep asking questions in free support :) )

I have a form with one of the groups that should be shown only when the form is being edited, not when being first added.

I've tried various javascript validations on different elements but can't get anything to work. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Try JS on your id element:
Action load
hide your-group
when this <1 (id is not defined in new records)

Thanks,

I thought that was what I needed to do and tried that (in a calc element) but the javascript never saves i.e. it disappears when I save the element.

Is that a different problem?

Cheers

the javascript never saves i.e. it disappears when I save the element
Sounds strage, which fabrik version are you running (a recent GitHub version?)? Which browser?

I can save JS in a calc element without problem, but I really don't know how JS and calc are working together.

Very recent - updated last week - but this was also the github update that gave me all the plugins listed three times each (separate thread) so I'm not sure it was problem free

Is there a plugin that needs to be enable before the javascript works for an element?

Nope, should be automagic.

JS disappearing when you save an element sounds like quite an old bug, that was fixed ... oh, last year some time.

-- hugh

Any suggestions how to get it working again now?
Could the same problem have recurred in fabrik when something else got changed? (There is no part of this site that is not a new installation so nothing 'hanging around' from last year)

By chance I have an almost identical site (a french version of the site) that was made from a copy of this site before I installed github last week and that has the same problem, so installing github was not the cause.

Cheers

Just a try:
Backup
Download fabrik3 again (to exclude corrupted files), install the zip (or install from directory) (don't uninstall)
update again from GitHub

make sure all files and directories are writable, set "override all existing files" in FTP...
have a look at any error message
set Joomla error reporting to max

It is conceivable the jupgrade process in Fabrik has suffered from bitrot, and there is something about one of our metadata tables that needs updating.

If you still have issues with (say) disappearing JS after doing a full github update, let me know. I'll have to take a look at your site.

-- hugh

When I install (reinstall) fabrik I do get the warning message:

JFolder::create: Path not in open_basedir paths

I can't remember if I got the same message originally, it is possible. I don't really want to install github again since I can see the same problem on sites which never had github uploaded.

When I run the joomla forum post assistant (as suggested by joomla forum) for this error message) I can see Session Path Writable: unknown which seems surprising.

Directories are all 755 which is what I would expect.

Any ideas what I look at next?!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back