Strange behaviour in ie

Chaps

I have a list that is displaying various elements one of which is a db join that displays data from another table - all well and good

But when I view it in ff it displays properly but in ie it is repeating the record about 12 or so times (only got one for testing)

Anyone tell me what the problem might be?

Thanks

Mark

On iPhone so apologies for any typos

Sent via my iPhone using Tapatalk app

OK I lied! :)

The same list is repeating the records in Firefox as well. When I select merge rows it returns a no data error so I must have a setting wrong somewhere

Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks

Mark

An update -

I have narrowed it down to the CDD elements. When they are published the list returns no records. When they are not published it works properly.

Any ideas why this may be?

Thanks

For now I have joined the data in the database join element to return the information I need but this is not ideal so if anyone can suggest a resolution that would be great :)

EDIT: Seems the DB join is causing the error as well

Anyone able to assist?

Update

I have scrapped the list, forms and elements and started again. this time I have not "stitched" any columns together to create the DB Join element and so far it is not throwing the errors

So it seems that when I combine two columns from the database table it throws the issue. It is probably an access setting causing the problem but I don't really know.

Will keep this thread open for updates

Update

Back to original problem - when I am combining two columns from the joined table, the original error appears but only in internet explorer - Firefox is fine

Any solutions?

Just confirmed it - Deleted t concat for the db join and it works properly now. Maybe I am putting in something wrong which throws the display but why only in ie?

{thistable}.contract_name,' ',{thistable}contract_name_2

Strange

I've tried to replicate this but all seems to be ok on my site (FF + IE).
Is this dbjoin element in a repeat group or a joined repeat group?

{thistable}contract_name_2
There's a missing dot, but this should throw a MySQL error

Yeah, fix that missing dot, if it wasn't a transcription error copying the text into your post.

I'd need to see the page to have any opinion. We have an ongoing Skype convo, so just gimme the details on that.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back