Strangest ever - Every entry shows 19 records

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check your form settings: "Save partially completed multi-page forms" should be NO. It is set to NO

I tried on multiple browsers. They all show the same thing.

Tried on multiple computers - mac and pc. Still the same.

I call the form through a menu setting. Form selected. Rowid -1, keyname - userid. Usual stuff.

Cant think of anything that can go wrong.

I call the form through a menu setting. Form selected. Rowid -1, keyname - userid. Usual stuff.
This will only do for registered users.
All guests have userid=0, so all are editing the same record (the first found with userid=0)
To show a new form to every guest your menu must have rowid and keyname empty.

No, you must make 2 menu items:
one with rowid -1, access registered

one showing the "normal" form
if this menu should vanish if a user logs in
- create a guest group and a guest access level, assigned to guest group
- in Joomla user manager options set Component/Guest user group = guest
- assign guest access level to the menu item

Thanks for your help, Troester. You are very kind.

I have done everything you said I should. The problem as it was is solved. But new ones have come about. What do I do about these issues -

1. If I have "Add Records" set to Guest or Registered, then in List View (Please see attachment listview.jpg) if a logged user clicks on the + (plus) sign to Add Records, Fabrik shows him a 403 because according to Fabrik, that menu item is the Guest Menu Item and not for registered users. (I hope I am clear.)

However, if I keep "Add Records" to Public and use a url (for the logged in member) that points to the menu item that we created for Registered Access with userid and rowd id = 1, then the Fabrik form shows up with the logged in member able to add records. So now how do I tell Fabrik to point that + (plus) sign (above the records in list view) to this url?

Deepak

Attachments

• Guest.jpg
    Guest.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 399
  • Registered.jpg
    Registered.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 388
  • ListView.jpg
    ListView.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 383
You can customize the Add link under Links in the list settings. So work out what the link should be, and use {rowid} as a placeholder for the rowid=X part, i.e. view=form&formid=X&rowid={rowid}.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back