Thumbnail issue with uploaded images

atticsolutions

I have noticed though there is a small issue with the thumbnail creation/directory placement; this is found when you are allowing the user to select the folder that the uploaded file is stored. (eg many months, they select images/november) and you have the default file location for the thumbnails as images/thumb/ . fabrik drops the file into images/thumb with all the correct prefixes and resolution change, but when you go to look at the image in the table, it does not show up, the location it thinks the image is is in images/thumb/november .

If the newly created thumbnail images were placed into the folder of the same name as the user had selected, only in the thumb directory (or where ever), it would work without any issues.

Josh

Hi Josh

just for completeness I'll post here as well - this should be fixed in the SVN now. Say you store your images in /images/stories and your thumbs in /images/stories/thumbs. On the front end you select the "fruit" folder to upload the images to. This will upload the main image to /images/stories/fruit and the thumbnail to /images/stories/thumbs/fruit

Rob

BTW, Rob, any time you are looking at the image stuff, I think there's a bug which breaks things if there is a trailing slash on the specified directory name ... I keep meaning to track it down ...

-- hugh

*** SORRY JUST REALISED THIS WAS A 1.0 SECTION ***

*** This is a 2.0 issue but similar to the original 1.0 issue. ***

*** Ignore \ Close - I'll post in the 2.0 Section ***

Sorry to bring up and oldie... but I prefer replying to a thread of relevance rather then creating a new one.

I've scratched my head on this one and either I'm misinterpreting something or my site is being buggy. I'm sure if this was a genuine bug it would have been noticed.

My Element = File Upload
Upload Directory: images/stories/45s
Thumbnail Directory: images/stories/45s/thumbs

I upload the file and there's a slight issue.

The record references the image as http://x.x.x.x/records//images/stories/45s/thumbs/th_0001A.jpg

Note the double slash. x.x.x.x is my local server ip address. records being the name of my Joomla installation. Hmm as I'm typing this I'm wondering if it's my Jooma Config, (I'll check after I post).

...Anyway apart from the additional slash the path is correct.

However both the original file and the thumbnail both end up at the path

http://x.x.x.x/records/images/stories/45s/

It could be the extra slash that it causing the thumbnail to get misplaced and both issues are related.

Just wondering if anyone's seen this as a part of the issue matches the original post.

* Just to add. I'm running this on a local server using WAMPSERVER. Maybe this is causing an issue between the Windows and Unix slashes \\ // :) *

is this with the latest svn? Thought I'd fixed something similar about 2 days ago regarding this issue.

For the double slashes that shouldnt be an issue

Rob

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back