Unexpected behavior of related data records

juuser

Hello!

I hope I can explain this so at least someone understands :)

In my main table all the items have several related data records in another table.
When I click number of related items in my main table, another table opens and i can see this items related records. Until now its all ok.

But now when I want to filter these related records by additional criteria, i cannot do this, because there is an item id in the search filter box above the column not the item name.:confused:

Thanks in advance for all the help :)

At a guess I would say you should set up the filter list's database join element to be a filter as well?

Thanks Rob, but could you explain more what you mean? I read your post several times but still could'nt figure it out :(

I'm not even sure what the problem is you are describing. Can you knock up a quick Jing screencast to show it, or post some screenshots, or something?

-- hugh

OK, i have attached the screenshot. As you can see, in my related records table product 1TFL... is filtered as it should be. But in the column filter box there is product id, not product code itself.

It is not a problem as long as I don't want to filter this list by additional column. If I apply filter from another column, list will be empty.

(list on the screenshot is not a good example as this has only two rows. But some have several and need to be filtered by many criterias).

I think it would be ok if there was a product code name in the filter box instead of product id.

I hope this explains it.

Thanks!

I'm not even sure what the problem is you are describing. Can you knock up a quick Jing screencast to show it, or post some screenshots, or something?

-- hugh

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 254
which version of fabrik is this - I can't replicate with the latest code from github

I think I'm going to have to look at your site to understand what's happening. Can you point me at the page?

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,
Sorry, but I have intranet site behind firewall and its not accessible from outside :(

I get this behavior with all the new related tables I create.

I create tabel A with:
item id
item code
item desc

Then I create table B with:
item id
item code -> databasejoin element from table A
other elements...

Now I choose "related data -> list -> yes" in table A settings and when I click in related data column I get always this behavior I mentioned.

I hope this maybe explains it better:confused:

I think I'm going to have to look at your site to understand what's happening. Can you point me at the page?

-- hugh

can you provide a sql dump then? PM me if its sensetive data.

As things stand, I can't replicate the issue, so its impossible for me to fix ;(

Hi Rob,

I managed to get up a test site where this problem can be seen. You can see two tables there: main table called "products" and so called related table "product documents".

Open table "products" for viewing and click on the related data column. Table "product documents" opens and there is a product_id on the column filter field (not product code as i wish).

There is also another problem with databasejoin element prefilter. It just doesn't apply. Please see pre-filter in table "Product documents".

I will PM you login details in a minute.

Thank you!

Hi Rob,

I also found another bug in related data and databasejoin element. When I have for example number "001" in product code field, it takes this as an "id" and i see wrong data in related table records. It's hard to explain, but I replicated this in my test site which login data I have sent you.

1) Go to table "Products"
2) Click on the related data column on third row where product code is "001"
3) Table "Product documents" opens and there should be "001" in "product code" field
4) Instead there is "Product_code1" which has id "1" in "Products" table.

So there is three different problems in my simple related data layout.

I really hope you can help as this is causing me serious problems :(

the filter issue should be resolved in github now.

I took a package export of your test site to work on locally and could not replicate the latest issue you are describing, so could you update from github and then see if that's resolved as well?

Thanks Rob!

I updated my test site to latest Github and filter issue seems to be ok now. Unfortunately the other two issues remain (pre-filter not working on dbjoin element and product id 1 is mixed with product code 001).

Maybe you can take look again in my test site.

Thank you!

they both worked locally on the copy I made of the site, so I'm not sure that i can fix it.

If you send me a PM with an ftp account to your site I can try debugging there to see what the issue is

-Rob

Hi Rob, this is very strange as I have this problem in my main site and now in test site also which are in totally different environment. Please also note that I might have some very stupid mistake here as I'm not very advanced user :)

I will PM you FTP login details in a minute

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back