Upgrade from Fabrik 2.1

teoyh

I am trying to upgrade from 2.1 as I had done a lot of work in the old version. But due to security issue i had to upgrade my joomla from 1.5.9 to 2.5.20.

This is what i did after installing my Joomla 2.5.20 I install Fabrik 3.0.9 and remove all the j25_fabrik_xxxx.

I restore all my Fabrik table from my old site jos_fabrik_xxxx to my new joomla plateform.

Then I go to my back end and click update from 2.1

But then I get the following error

UPDATE #__menu SET link = REPLACE(link, 'view=table', 'view=list') WHERE component_id = 10116
UPDATE #__menu SET link = REPLACE(link, 'tableid=', 'listid=') WHERE component_id = 10116
UPDATE #__menu SET link = REPLACE(link, 'fabrik=', 'formid=') WHERE component_id = 10116

Fatal error: Unsupported operand types in D:\xampp\htdocs\administrator\components\com_fabrik\models\upgrade.php on line 61

Can someone help , how I can get pass the error

I when to make a comparison of the old table from jos_fabrik_xxxx and j25_fabrik_xxxx , I noticed there are a slight difference and between the tables. I modified the fields to match those from j25_fabrik_xxxx.
Once I am done with the field modification , I then rename the table from jos_fabrik_xxxx to j25_fabrik_xxxx

After I do that I went back to the backend and I do noticed I can now see the element, group and list.

But this look like a dirty way to do the update.

Hope someone can help

Are you running a 3.0.9 GitHub update (master branch)? There have been some additional migration features (validations...) which are not included in the download 3.0.9.

Did you follow http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/migrating-from-earlier-versions/
Especially did you update your Joomla1.5/Fabrik2 to the latest versions (J!1.5.26 + Fabrik2.1.1)?

But I think this is not related to the Fatal error (also "UPDATE.." is only unrelated debug output - I think ;))

line 61 is
$tables = $db->loadObjectList('db_table_name') + $this->getFabrikTables();
in protected function backUp()

I don't know what is happening here (maybe a PHP version thing).

So assuming you are working in a test enviroment where it is not relevant to backup the old Fabrik tables you can try to edit line 41 from
if ($this->backUp())
to
if (true)
so skipping the backUP function.

Thank you for your reply I edited the upgrade.php files and change the if ($this->backUp()) to if (true), bypassing the backup.

And it works.

Just to share here ,
-After installing the Fabrik 3.09 you will need to remove the j25_fabrik_xxxx table.
-Then restore the jos_fabrik_xxxx tables from old version of Fabrik 2.1.1
-Thereafter rename the jos_fabrik_xxxx tables to j25_fabrik_xxxx
-Goto Fabrik Console backend admin page, under tools click upgrade from 2.1.1

If every is ok you will get a upgrade ok, message.

I noticed in the list some of the entry may appear grey out, just need to do a update to check_out field

updatej25_fabrik_listssetchecked_out=0 wherechecked_out <>0

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back