• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

URGENT

I have created the new list, and added the first option to it (copied from your existing dropdown).

I have changed the expedientesconcejo___Institucion join element to use it.

Now you need to add rows to the new list (Institutional Listados), and a new row for each of the options you did have as a dropdown. Yes, that will be time consuming, because you have so many options. But that's the whole point of using "lookup lists" instead of dropdowns.

Then wherever you currently would have used that dropdown, use a join element (like the one I set up in line 2 above).

-- hugh

You don't have a choice. If you need a dropdown menu on multiple lists which have the same values, which you need to add to, then the ONLY way of doing it is to use another list (database table) to store the options. You CANNOT use a dropdown element in this way.

I see you have deleted the list you had started creating?

-- hugh
...and after making a new list, as I do to search for both " Expedientes" and "subsidios Intitucionales"?

I have created the new list, and added the first option to it (copied from your existing dropdown).

I have changed the expedientesconcejo___Institucion join element to use it.

Now you need to add rows to the new list (Institutional Listados), and a new row for each of the options you did have as a dropdown. Yes, that will be time consuming, because you have so many options. But that's the whole point of using "lookup lists" instead of dropdowns.

Then wherever you currently would have used that dropdown, use a join element (like the one I set up in line 2 above).

-- hugh

you did not read the above , are independent INSTITUTIONS COUNCIL TO TWO OTHER ALWAYS MAKE REFERENCE . EQUAL INSTITUTIONS ARE ONLY FOR "expedientes" "subsidios institucionales" I HAVE MADE AN BUCKUUP . WHAT turn back ?

I'm sorry, but I really have no clue what you are trying to achieve, so I really can't help.

Wherever you need to use that dropdown of institutions you currently have, use a join element to the new list I created, rather than a dropdown. You can just delete the test join element I set up, if you don't need it (it was unpublished when I edited it).

-- hugh

ok , I arealizar the following: 1 create a new list called nuevas instituciones

2 within this list, I'll create a new element called instituciones ( dropdown element ) and there enters all existing , writing .

3 - Then in "Expedientes" will create a "Agregar Instituciones" ( databasejoin element ) to add to the table " nuevas instituciones "

The same for " Subsidios Intitucionales "

Asks the latter ( databasejoin , you can copy or create 2 times for that matter)
AND THEN TELL ME IF OK

cheesegrits = Hugh
He has created the list Instituciones Listado in your 2016 site.
Fill this list (in your backend): add one record for each suboption you have in your Instituciones dropdown
upload_2016-3-9_16-20-45.png

upload_2016-3-9_16-21-17.png

Ready! I have saved all intituciones ! I need these look and also can be added by users : " expedientes" and "subsidios intitucionales"

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back