user element plugin: is there a chance to overwrite the default?

burghard

Is there a chance to overwrite the default value of the user plugin? I would like to have a list with a user element which is populated at a later time. I want to have a null-value as default. May be the value 0 (zero) is also adequate.

I don't know what you want to do "at a later time".

You could use a dboin to the #_users instead of the user element (which is in principle such a dbjoin with some additional functionality).

The user element is expecting a userid, otherwise you'll get an error "...user not found..." if you are editing the record.

Do you mean the id column of the joomla users table with #_users? Yes I though about it. But if it is so, I will wait to change it until I can confirm you that your changes for the other post work :)

I changed the plugin from user to database join. But...
I use this field to decide wether a user can edit the record (manually assigned to him) or not. This works fine. But this right should be fine tuned to only some elements, so that the user can only edit some elements of the records assigned to him.
This does not work with a database join element. The elements are not editable for the user while the form is shown (but only with read only elements). When I revert the plugin from database join to user, the elements are editable for the user again.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back